Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Two weeks

Well I did it, I put in my notice a couple days ago, my last day is the 25th.  I was 100% excited until we made the final decision to do it.  Now I am about 85% excited, 10% nervous and 5% sad but I think that's pretty normal.  I've worked here for nine years, it is going to be a big change.  But I have lots of projects in mind for my new found freedom.

First, it's very important that I stick to a schedule and not be lazy.  Just because I will be at home, doesn't mean I am on vacation.  My new job title will be wife and mommy and hopefully soon online professor.  Sure I'll probably take breaks here and there since technically my job never ends, and I might have a lazy day now and again, but I really hope to stay busy M-F between 8 and 5.  Emily wakes up for a bottle around 6, so I probably will go back to bed until 8 after that but no later.  I have to make myself get up just like I would for work.  I think 8 is a perfectly acceptable time to get up.
Now that I will have so much time, there is NO excuse to not get this weight off.  It's probably mostly water weight but I gained like 5 or 6 pounds this week, meaning I am only 10 pounds down from my pre-pregnancy/during pregnancy weight.  That is NOT acceptable, I need to start losing before this gap gets any smaller.  So the other day I got the app for couch to 5K and I signed up for a 5K that my husband and his running club are doing in September.

I plan to start it my first day of freedom, and the program is 8 weeks and the race will be 9 weeks from there, so perfect.  So I plan to get up, get dressed and Emmy and I will hit the street.  We'll go out five days a week, just walking on Tuesdays and Thursdays and doing the program MWF.  I'm so excited.  I don't know if I'll be able to run all or even most of the 5K, but I'm excited to have a goal and a timeline and a plan.  I'm also going to grocery shop every Sunday, buy healthy foods, plan dinners for the week and make my salads for lunch for the whole week.  Just because I will be home doesn't mean I will feel like making a salad everyday, so if I have one ready each day it'll be much easier to just grab, especially if Em is needy some days.

I also plan to get the house in order, and keep it clean so everyday I only have to do maintenance cleaning instead of marathon cleaning all the time.  The way to live a healthy, stress free-ish  life is to be organized and clean.  Of course I don't want to cook when there are dishes piled in the sink and clutter on the stove.  I also have projects.....our bedroom is a light gray, and I saw on pinterest where the whole room was a light gray like that, but the wall that the bed's headboard was against was a darker gray and it looked really nice.  I hate painting, but that one small wall shouldn't be bad.
I'm also going to start making our bed every day.  It sounds silly, but I once read that people who make their beds each day are more productive.  It's probably along the same lines as getting dressed each day instead of sitting around in your PJs.  Right now our bed is less than aesthetically pleasing.  We don't use flat sheets because they end up getting kicked to the end of the bed by the end of the night and Ryan and I hog the covers, so I have a blue velour blanket and he has an ugly brown one with like white fur on the back. 

So I've decided we'll share a blanket again, so I bought a new velour blanket but I got a king size so hopefully we can share and play nice.  I also bought a beautiful gray and yellow comforter....it will just be for decoration.  I know, kinda silly, but like Billy Zane says in Demon Night, if it makes you feel good, do it (my best friend and I love Billy Zane in that movie, so hot).

 I also want to clean out the basement and get my gym back.  When we had our plumbing redone last winter we had to pile all of the junk in my gym.  I can barely get in there to get laundry let alone work out.  So then if the weather is nasty Em and I can go down there to work out...I plan on getting her an exersaucer so she can work out with me :)  Now I know what you all are thinking....pshaaaa, like you're going to have any time to do this.  I get it, somedays Em will be needy, somedays things will go wrong and I won't get any work done on projects.  But there really is no reason I cannot scoop the litter box everyday, make our bed and throw in some laundry.  By keeping on top of the cleaning, I am actually excited to do it.

And of course in between those projects I'll be taking care of Emily and playing with her.  She's so amazing, it's like every day lately she learns something new.  She's very close to rolling over, I think as soon as she can figure out how to get her arm out of the way she'll be rolling.  So far this week she has been holding her own bottle for a minute or two here and there three times, and the other morning she drank her entire bottle holding it all by herself.  I had to help her tip it up a couple times when it was getting too low, but other than that it was all her.  I'm so proud of my baby girl, she's so smart.  She's giggled three times now, once for my brother and SIL (though I didn't hear it so it didn't happen), once for my MIL and finally today for me!  It made me so happy.   Just two more weeks until I can be home with her every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment