Thursday, June 18, 2015

Lift off

We officially have a crawler!  It's about time, she'll be 15 months tomorrow.  But like my MIL said, as she gets older I will probably see patterns in how she does things, the caution she takes, how she does things in her own time and I'll think back to now and say yep, she was like that as a baby too.  I love seeing bits of her personality.

In some ways she is fearless, she'll climb all over me and slide down off the couch, not worrying if she lands on her feet or butt.  She loves it when I pretend I am going to drop her and she likes to be hung upside down and tossed around, lol.  But when it comes to stuff like crawling and walking, she's very cautious.  She doesn't do it until she is sure she can, and she takes as much time as she needs before moving onto the next step.

She started butt scooting before her birthday, and then a couple months ago she started briefly getting up on her hands and knees and rocking.  Then in the last few weeks she would lean forward more and use her hands to do her butt scoot.  Then she would do like one step crawl, and then butt scoot.  I wanted to count last week as her first crawl but in the brief moment I looked up and saw her doing it, she only went a few steps and I couldn't see what her right leg was doing, so it still might have been a half crawl half butt scoot.

But today was a full on, hands and knees crawl and she did it several times.  So proud of my little minion!  Next up, walking.  I wonder if she will walk very soon now that she has mastered the crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment