Wednesday, July 1, 2015

This kid cracks me up

I keep a vase and a stack of post it notes so I can write down happy, special moments in our family.  On new years eve, we read them all and then I write them into a journal.  Well this entry is a little long for a post it so I'll write about it in here.

It's pretty rare that Emily wakes in the middle of the night anymore, and when she does it is usually just for a few minutes and then she is out again.  Last night she woke around 3, and for a while she was content playing in her crib, but then she started to cry so I went in to get her.

After a minute of rocking her she decided she was fine and wanted to play so she wrigled out of my arms and got on the floor.  She grabbed her little toy car her daddy got her, started pushing it around on the floor making vroom noises.  If I've ever done that before, its only been once or twice.  So funny she knows that is what cars do.

Then she went to the basket I keep her shoes and overnight diapers in.  She tossed them all out and then started putting them back in one by one, and after every couple she would put her arms in the air and cheer.  I was just sitting in the glider at 3 am watching her and laughing.

When I decided it was time to go back to sleep, I wanted to give her some teething tablets; she's got a couple new teeth coming in so I thought it might help her sleep if they were bothering her.  But they weren't in the drawer, meaning they were yet another victim of Emily, the stuff that gets tossed overboard, between the wall and the changing table.  I specifically went out and bought a grabber thing just to retrieve all the crap she throws down there.  So I leaned over the table to look down the other side to see where the tablet bottle was.  Emily also leaned over, peering down there as well.  I could almost see her thinking, huh, I wonder how all that stuff got down there.  Love that kid, she makes me laugh everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment