Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 13-Happy Birthday Kayla!

Yesterday was Kayla's 7th heavenly birthday.  Surprisingly it was one of the easier anniversaries.  Of course, as the years go on, they get a little easier, but I thought with all the anxiety and uncertainty lately, this one might be a little harder.

Ryan came over again after work yesterday...the plan was to grab dinner and have a picnic at the cemetery, but it was a little too chilly, so he brought dinner over and we ate first.  The second set of balloons I had ordered for Emily's birthday arrived Monday, and I had a very small amount of helium left in a tank.  We just barely got 3 filled up before it crapped out.  So after dinner, we went to the cemetery and released the balloons.

It was nice because it was a bit cloudy, but there was a big break in the clouds right where the sun was shining through, and that's where the balloons flew when we let go of them.  It really did look like they were flying to heaven.  Spring clean up was just a few weeks ago, so there was nothing on her grave.  I also didn't have anything to leave this time...I felt bad, it looks so cold and lonely without a garden spinner or some sort of decoration.  I felt bad about not bringing my baby anything, but I figured an extra, unnecessary trip to the store was not warranted.  I'll give myself a pass since we're in a pandemic.  Once this is over, I will go buy out the whole dollar store and she'll have the most decorated grave there.

Today was beautiful and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, so if we can avoid the rain, Em and I will take our lunch there and have a picnic.  Parks are technically closed so people don't use the playground equipment, but if there were no other options I would still go for a picnic.  I see no reason to not go to the park for a picnic or for a walk...but the cemetery will work too, and then Em doesn't have to have the fun playground equipment in sight that she cannot play on. 

We might get rain Friday too but if not, we're going to go with my dad to Henry Ford's mansion and walk around the grounds.  It's really beautiful and there is a river that runs through behind it and there's a waterfall...Em will love it.  She went once when she was like two, but I doubt she remembers it.  Finger's crossed for no rain!

We took a walk today...walks are interesting now.  You don't get to choose which way you're going, you chose based on where there aren't other people walking, lol.  But our neighborhood is great for walks...we have lots of winding streets that intersect and curve, so you almost always have the option of multiple paths you can take.  When we got home, we played with sidewalk chalk on our front walk.  I used some and wrote "Have a nice day" on our porch steps....I figure maybe that will brighten moods for any mailmen or delivery people that come to my door. 

It's so odd how I know a disproportionate number of people with birthdays in March, but even more so it seems like so many people were either born on the 19th (Emily's) or the 24th (Kayla's).  So on the 19th, there is also my next-door neighbor, Emily's friend's little sister, and my cousin's son...and incidentally my cousin and I also share a birthday, lol.  I feel like there is one more I am forgetting, but maybe not.  On the 24th, there is Kayla, my nephew, a client at work, my boss's daughter, and my other boss's son.  That's just crazy to me....there are 6 people in my department, and three of us all have kids born on the same day. 

Emily's original due date was March 22nd, so had I not been induced, she could have very well come on the 24th.  That would have been crazy if my inlaws had 3 out of 8 grandkids born on the same day.  It's like those two days have some sort of weird gravitational pull to make a lot of people born on those days. 

Here are Kayla's balloons to Heaven...


No comments:

Post a Comment