Friday, September 4, 2020

Regressing

 I forgot to write about this.  So Emily finally night trained back in February and has been wearing underwear to bed since then.  She has the occasional accident, but it happens so rarely I think it's a very normal amount for a newly night trained kid.  

But, just in the last 2-3 weeks she has had at least 6-7 accidents.  I don't know, I lost count.  I am pretty certain it is related to stress and anxiety over going back to school for the first time since March, school having a lot of new rules this year, and going to a new school.  That's a lot of change for a kid.  

When she was 4 and still in pulls up at night, she was almost ready then to go to underwear.  She was dry 4-6 mornings per week, so I think had we switched to underwear right then she would have been ready way back then.  But almost immediately after Ryan moved out, she regressed and was wet almost every morning  So, she's quite prone to regressing during big changes, as most kids are I would assume.

But, I don't know what to do.  She finished her first week of school....sort of.  Monday was a half-day, she stayed home sick yesterday and she's off for the holiday today.  But she likes it, she's excited to go each day and says she doesn't miss Kindergarten at all.  She's got a couple friends, so despite being a new school, it was familiar at least since she went there for half of pre-school.  

I'm hoping once she gets in another week of school, things can go back to normal and she'll stop wetting the bed.  But what do I do in the meantime?  Just keep washing sheets all the time?  I don't think going back to pull-ups is the answer after being out of them for 6 months.  She might depend on them again and regress further.  I've been cutting off liquids an hour before bedtime and she goes potty right before bed.  But we've been doing that all this time too, and it's never been an issue.  

I guess I will just buy stock in laundry detergent and just wait it out.  If she hasn't improved in another week or two, I'll call her doctor.  I know there are some physical reasons why she could be doing this too, so if it doesn't go away as she gets more settled in with school, I'll check that route.  Ugh, the fun never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment