Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Did I O?

I can't believe it, FF gave me CHs last week, according to it I am 8DPO.  Temping every morning is soooo stressful, I'm so afraid of a temp drop and my Chs going away.  We have absolutely no chance this cycle because we didn't have even a little bit of sex in the FW, but if I really did O I'll be soooooo happy!  I haven't Od since November, so if I Od I'd say that pretty much means upping my metformin dosage is what did it.  If so, that makes me pretty mad at my old useless doctor for putting me on the lowest dosage possible and not following through about upping it.  I could have had a more regular cycle going into TTC a year ago.  But such is life.

For like three days in a row my temp kept dropping until it was on or just barely above the coverline.  With that last drop I really thought my CHs would go away, but thankfully it wasn't too low and it went up this morning.  FF only gave me dashed CHs because my OPKs and scope didn't necessarily agree, but I am feeling more and more confident that FF is right.

Despite not getting full ferning, I did have a day or two of partial ferning on the scope.  Obviously it doesn't work great for me since I've had partial ferning with no O plenty of times before, but I thinking having partial ferning a couple days before supposed O is pretty good.  I never got a positive OPK, but I got a little tired of doing them twice a day everyday, worried I was completely wasting them and was never going to O.  So it's very possible I just missed the surge.  I also had a very small amount of dark brown spotting when I woke up Monday morning and it said I Od Tuesday.

FF says my period is due one week from today and most of today I have felt slightly crampy.  I'd say yet another good sign that I really did O.  However it doesn't matter how much I think of signs, I will not feel confident until my period starts.  If this is it, I really hope this means I will O each month now.  Next cycle I'll have to be way more dilligent about my OPKs and try to dig our way out of this dryspell so we can have sex at least every two days if not every other day in case the OPKs/scope doesn't detect O again.  Hitting my FW this cycle would have been nice, but just the fact that I may have Od makes me very happy, but I will not be happy if we completely miss a FW next cycle as well.

Despite the fact that my body could be finally cooperating, it makes me sad that my grandparents will not be around to hear the good news in the future and see their great grandkids.  My grandpa died yesterday, so after just 23 days apart he left this world to join my grandma and my mom.  I'm so sad they're both suddenly gone, but them being together is the way things were supposed to be.  My grandpa would have been completely miserable being here any longer without her.  Mercifully once he was told of her passing, he pretty much retreated to a place where I hope he didn't have to be fully aware that she was gone.  As much as I would love to have them both back and be here when I have kids one day, there is something very "Circle of Life" about this whole thing.  Two elderly people who lived a full life have moved on, and we could possibly be bringing a new life into this world soon.  Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment