Sunday, May 3, 2015

Happy Birthday to me

 I'm 36 today, blah!  But as my brother says, you either get old, or you die so I will chose getting older.  I have a wonderful birthday, I slept in while my husband got Emily up and dressed and fed this morning.  It was nice, but of course it was one of those days where I very well could have gotten up.  Not the kind of morning where you would give anything for more sleep, but oh well.

Then we headed out to the park where we met my brother and his wife, my dad, stepmom and stepsister to have a picnic.  Ryan grilled hotdogs and we had other yummy picnic foods.  We had cake and opened presents, it was a nice time.  After that we went to the small farm they have there and walked around to see the animals.  Emily had fallen asleep during the 5 minute drive to the farm so we were going to just head home but then she woke up.  I am glad she did, she really enjoyed seeing the animals, and a cow even came right up to the fence to see her.

It was a nice birthday, and of course my little pumpkin is the best gift ever.  No walking yet but she is still cruising, and she is just the best girl to go out and about with.  So quiet and doesn't fuss while mommy shops.  My best friend and I went out to lunch and shopped yesterday with Emily and it was so nice to just have an afternoon with my friend.  She left her boys at home this time so we were able to have uninterrupted conversation.

Emmy is starting to say more words, she has no down pat pretty well, mama and dada of course, though lately she has been pointing to herself and saying mama.  She sort of says yuck, whenever I take something from her she shouldn't have, like when she is trying to chew on some shoes, I tell her it is yuck and she says yah!  She's just so much fun.  However the last couple nights have been tough since we have been busy and so far off her sleep schedule.  Thankfully this week is pretty low key so she can just stay home and get her naps on schedule.

My bike trailer is all ready to go out for rides, I took it for a spin the other day empty so I could make sure I can ride with it back there.  I took Emily out, strapped her in, but she couldn't keep her helmet on.  I cannot even get the chin strap done before she is taking it off, so we couldn't go.  I think everyday when she wakes up from nap I will put it on her for a few minutes so she can get used to wearing it.  I know she will love riding in the trailer, I just need to convince her that the helmet is not eating her head.  She hates stuff on her head.

My husband interviewed for a job which would have him working the night shift, so we decided if he gets it, we are getting a dog.  We've talked about getting one for years now, and ultimately decided to get one when Emily is 2 or 3, but I'd feel better having a dog if he will be working midnights.  We always talked about a lab, but I love German Shepherds and he likes the idea of having a guard dog, or at least a dog that would intimidate a stranger.  It's so frustrating because I lived alone for 7 years before I met Ryan and I was never scared.  I guess I am just used to him being here now.  I'm excited....we've gone back and forth on getting a dog, but since it is kind of in the plans now, I am excited.

Emily just loves animals and she loves the cats but they are not too fond of her.  So it will be nice to get her a pet that will love her back and she can grow up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment