Thursday, November 5, 2015

Anniversary and trick or treating 2.0

Last Friday was me and my husband's 5 year wedding anniversary.  I took Emily to my dad's house around noon.  We had lunch and then I had to go home.  She was staying the night so we could have a night off to celebrate.  I was nervous about leaving her, worried it would be hard, or that she would cry.  But when I was leaving it was time for her nap anyway, so I tucked her in and said goodnight like usual, so it wasn't really hard on either of us.

I was glad to hear she napped well, this was her first time spending the night away from home without us, and the first time to ever sleep in the crib there, so it's good that she tested it out for her nap.  When I got home my husband and I went to get tattoos.  He got Emily's name on his forearm in a cool font, and I got an infinity symbol on my wrist with her name in it.  They both turned out great.  After that we went to dinner at Red Lobster, and then just went home and relaxed.  We watched some TV and I think we both napped for a little bit.  I kept forgetting Emily wasn't just in bed, so it wasn't too weird.

I stayed up late since I was able to sleep in the next day.  I woke a few times, but I finally got up around noon.  It was so nice.  I missed sleeping in.  I am lucky that Em lets me sleep till 8 most days and even sometimes 9, but it was still nice to just sleep until I was ready to get up.  So then I laid around watching Lost all afternoon.  My husband treats weekends just like his work week sleep schedule so he doesn't get all out of whack on his days off.  So he had gone to bed at 8am and got up at 3.  Around 4 we went to my dad's to have dinner with them and take Emily trick or treating.

I was so excited to see her, I missed her a lot and I was hoping to get a big reaction when she saw us, but she just kind of looked up like, oh, you're here?  But then I was hugging her and I went to stand up but she whined and wanted me to pick her up.  Ahhh, there it is, my baby did miss me.  So we had pizza and then my dad and stepmom got her dressed in her monkey costume.  The cheerleader was cute, but the monkey was AH-dorable!  When she walked her little tail swung back and forth.  It was kind of drizzly out, but it wasn't real cold so we had that in our favor.

There was a trunk or treat going on at the church at the corner, so our plan was to hit the houses on the way there, do the trunk or treat and then head back.  So we went to my dad's neighbor first.  He was peeking out the window as we were coming up, and he gave her a full size candy bar.  He used to do that for us when we were little too.  Em did great, she had no problem walking up to the doors and holding out her pumpkin for some candy.  I'd say, "say thank you", and she'd say "bye"!  There weren't a ton of houses giving out candy, I think we only hit four or five.

The line for the trunk or treat was about 10 minutes, and she was getting a little cranky, so we just did about 5 cars and then went back.  I was very pleased though, for only being her second Halloween and only being 19 months old, she did great.  She also did wonderful on her first overnight away from home.  Dad said she slept through the night and they had a ton of fun.

I don't think she has been feeling well lately but I can't pinpoint why.  I put her to bed last night as soon as we got home from her Nana's house, and she fell right to sleep.  About an hour later she woke up crying, so I rocked her for a while and she would fall in and our of sleep cuddled up to me.  My husband had already left for work so the house was quiet, so I thought maybe if I turned out all the lights she would sleep on me while I watched TV.  But once I got her out to the living room she was awake.  At one point I piled a bunch of pillows up on the couch and she snuggled on them, but she didn't stay long.  She played for a little bit and I put her back to bed.

Today she seemed fine until after her nap, then she would just cry on and off for no reason.  She wasn't hurt, wasn't mad, it was almost like she was crying because she was sad.  So I'd hold out my hands and she'd climb into my lap.  I put on the movie Enchanted and she'd stay in my lap for a while watching it, then she would get down and then automatically motion for me to pick her up again.  She didn't eat much dinner but she loved her treat of fruit punch, she gulped that down quickly.  I put her to bed at 8 and she fell asleep quickly.  But then she woke around 10, crying and a little sweaty.  I cuddled her some more and she fell back to sleep in my lap.  Despite the sweat she felt cool, and I took her temperature but it was normal.

So I got her a little more milk and put her back to bed and she's been sleeping since.  So I am not sure.  Maybe another tooth coming in, but I can't tell because I lost count a long time ago of which ones she has and doesn't have.  She always bites me when I try to feel around.  Didn't have a temperature so I don't think she's sick.  Maybe she had a bad dream.  Since she was up for that hour and a half last night, and didn't sleep her usual two hours at nap time maybe she was a little short on sleep.  Or maybe she just needed some snuggles with mama.  I hate for her to not feel well, but I admit, I love the snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment