Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Stats

Up until a year Em's baby book would ask questions about her development, likes, dislikes, habits, etc.  I figured I would do one now since they stopped at 12 months.

Milestones and memories: Em has been telling me when she went poo poo.  She usually only tells me when I first come in to get her in the morning, and of course it is always after the fact.  She never tells me about pee pee, but it's a start.  She now knows where her ears, eyes, nose, and mouth are.  Once she masters another I show her something new.  I think we'll do chin next.

Sleeping habits: She goes down wonderfully for her nap.  She typically naps from about 1pm till 3, and almost the second she finishes her bottle she is out.  On the rare times she wakes up early she fusses a bit and goes back to sleep.  Since we are obviously way over due, this is her last week with a nap bottle.  I know it needs to go, but I am a little fearful of how it might change nap time.  I plan to get rid of her night time bottle by Christmas, and I admit, a big part of me doesn't want to.  Partly it's fear of going down without one, but also it will be a big step of not being my baby anymore.  She loves her bubbas and is so adorable drinking one.  Luckily though, out of sight out of mind.  She never asks for it, she just gets excited when she sees it.  Bedtime is a little more difficult.  Not super hard, but she doesn't go down as well as she does for nap.  Occasionally she'll cry and beg for me to pick her up out of her crib, but most nights she lays down with Kayla bear and takes her bubba.  On nights she is exceptionally tired she'll be out pretty quick, but there are nights where she sits up and plays or walks around in her crib for an hour or two before falling asleep.

Luckily if I leave her be, she'll eventually go to sleep, but she does sometimes cry.  I usually let her cry it out since it only lasts a few minutes and then she goes back to playing.  She goes to bed around 8 and often sleeps until at least 8am but sometimes 8:30 or 9.  Very rarely a poopy diaper will wake her in the middle of the night, or she'll wake up crying for an unknown reason.  Maybe a nightmare or something.  She is often very snuggly when I go in, and sometimes falls back to sleep on my shoulder.  Since this doesn't happen often, I secretly love when she wakes up in the MOTN so I can get some snuggles, and of course being able to crawl back in bed for a few hours is always nice.  But even if she's asleep on my shoulder, I can never put her back in her crib without waking her, so I generally get her a little more milk and then she'll go right back to sleep.

Eating habits: There isn't much she doesn't like, but she doesn't always like to eat.  She's not a huge meat fan, but if I dip chicken in some ranch she'll often eat it.  She LOVES bananas, grapes, and peas.  She likes raisins as well, and often does well with lentil soup.  PB&J sandwiches are ok as is grilled cheese, but she hates egg salad.  Sometimes she will eat really nicely, other times she'll eat well for half of her meal and then start throwing food on the floor, or knocking the spoon out of my hand.  She loves to throw her sippy on the floor.  She does great with sippys, and straws and if there is just a little bit of milk or water in a glass she can drink from an open cup, but any more and she'll be wearing it.

She can eat finger food perfectly, and does pretty good with a fork.  The spoon she is still having difficulty with unless it is something thick like oatmeal she can dip her spoon in and get some.  She also loves oatmeal, and it is my go-to food when she won't eat or won't stop throwing all other food.  She also likes mac n cheese.  And for anything she doesn't like, that all goes out the window if it is something you're eating, and you want to eat in peace.  Then she's standing next to you with her mouth hanging open like a baby bird waiting to be fed.  She also hates wearing a bib and often throws it on the floor along with her sippy.  She doesn't get it a lot, but she will down a glass of chocolate milk in 2.5 seconds.

Favorites:  She loves Kayla bear, which I love.  It was the first stuffed animal we had on Kayla's grave and it became Emily's when we retired it from grave duty.  She loves her, she'd just the perfect size for her to hug, she'll squeeze her and squeal, she'll kiss her and she has to have her to go to sleep.  She gets her bubba, covered with a blanket, turn on the nightlight and lullabye elephant and she's got Kayla bear tucked into the crook of her arm.  Lately she has been going in her room and pulling her through the bars of her crib so she can carry her around, and sometimes she won't let go of her when we go somewhere and she brings her with us.  I am trying to discourage that as I'd rather she not form an attachment to her that breaks her heart when she has to stop taking her every where.

She loves Bubble Guppies and Sheriff Callie.  She watches Paw Patrol, Blaze, Sophia, and Doc Mcstuffins too but they're just kind of on while she's playing.  But she is glued to the tv when the other two are on.  She loves Momo (Elmo), and her Vtech walker.  She also has a riding bull that is supposed to be in her room but she gets him and scoots all over the house on him.  She loves to screech, the louder and more it pierces your ears the better and she loves cell phones.  She loves to climb up onto the couch and run from end to end.  She loves music and likes to dance.  She also loves to give kisses and she loves her baba (grandpa).  About two months ago I noticed her saying Baba every time I would say grandpa.  I still call him that in front of her, but she corrects me and says Baba.  She'll start yelling Baba when we pull in his driveway.

Discoveries and accomplishments: Tonight she helped me clean up her toys.  I showed her a block and asked her to bring me all the blocks.  She had trouble finding them all, but if I pointed one out she would go get it and put it in the bag (though I had to zip it shut quickly cause she wanted to take them back out and play with them).  I had her collect all of her markers, and then she helped me put toys in her toy box.

She recently discovered her vagina during bath time and she likes to poke her belly button during diaper changes.  She started walking about a month ago, but for a while she wouldn't walk on concrete but now that isn't an issue, but she does thankfully like to hold my hand when we are out in public.  It's nice to not have to always deal with the stroller.  

No comments:

Post a Comment