Thursday, October 8, 2015

Capture your grief: Day 8, Wishlist

What are your wishes for this grief journey?  What do you need from others?  It might be that you want your child to always be remembered.  You may wish to educate others on grief and healing.  Maybe your wish is to turn this tragedy into something beautiful.  Spend some time thinking about what it is you hope to be able to do, learn or gain from this experience.

I have a few.  First, I wish for people who have not experienced a loss, to stop judging and be empathetic.  Even if you hear of something that you don't think you would do if in the same situation, just shut up, and be supportive.  Acknowledge that you cannot possibly understand if you have not walked in our shoes, and be thankful that you don't understand.

Second, I wish that my living daughter will somehow be able to form a bond with her sister in Heaven.  It hurts to have to expose her to such tragedy at a young age, but my hope is that she is interested in her sister, asks questions, and feels her sister is watching over her.  I also wish for her to never feel like we had her just to replace Kayla.

Third, I wish that my angel knows how very much she is loved and was wanted.  I wish that she knows how sorry I am that I could not save her, and that she knows she was not, and could never be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment