Friday, August 1, 2014

My new job

Well, I've fallen a bit behind I see.  I completed my first week as a stay at home mom, and I have to say, I am exhausted.  I never worked this hard at work and I don't have much free time for the computer....at work all I did was sit in front of a computer, so I had more time for computer related shenanigans.  Plus I just sat all day whereas now I am on my feet most of the day, so it's definitely a change, but I like it, and I love being home with Em all day.  She's so much fun, we laugh and smile all day.

I didn't stick to my schedule very well all week, but that's because I kind of had to start from scratch with cleaning.  I couldn't do some of the cleaning stuff on my schedule because I had to clean up clutter and get a little more organized first.  But I think after next week things will run a little smoother and I'll get into the swing of things better.

But I've been mostly getting up at a decent time, I've worked out every day except today, some days twice when I have tennis in addition to my walk/run and the house is looking better and better every day.  I went to Ikea with my SIL the other day and got a few things to help get more organized.  Hopefully soon once the house is more organized and takes less time to clean I can start working on my projects I want to do.

So I had thought excessive hair loss was my least liked post partum thing, but it's definitely the foot pain.  If google can be trusted, PP foot pain is a thing, and not a bunch of women whose feet hurt and attribute it to PP.  It's tolerable if I am up and walking, but when I first get out of bed in the morning it's like every bone and tendon hurts, and my heels feel bruised.  This also happens when I get up after being off my feet for a little while.  I read that some hormone relaxes the tendons but when not used for a while they stiffen up and that's why it hurts.  I really hope this goes away soon, it's agony and I hobble for the first few minutes.  It's real attractive.

I took my car in to the dealership today to have a few things fixed and got a loaner car while it's there, a new Malibu.  It's really nice, and ahhhh, it's got the new car smell.  But I do not miss driving a car.  It's so much harder to get her carseat in and out, and getting the stroller in and out of the trunk is a pain.  Plus I like being able to just get out at standing level rather than climbing up and out of the car.  It's fun to drive something new, but I'll be happy to get my Equinox back.  I know for sure that I won't be going back to a car anytime soon, or at least not until I don't have any more children in a carseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment