Monday, September 22, 2014

6 months


My little peanut turned six months on Friday.  I can't believe how big she's getting.  I was buying her some 9 month jammies today and I picked up a newborn one and I just couldn't believe she used to fit in that size.  We've upped her bottles to 8 ounces now and I'm going to cut out her midnight bottle.  She doesn't seem to sleep any different with or without it, but without it completely she wouldn't get enough ounces, and the one time I skipped her midnight bottle for two nights she got constipated.  So hopefully just adding a few ounces to each bottle during the day and evening will work.  Plus this way if I want to go to bed earlier, I don't have to wait for her feeding.

I just started putting her in overnight diapers too so most of the time she makes it through the night just fine and stays dry.  Since her first food last week she's since had sweet potato, carrots, and banana.  We went up north this weekend and I forgot to take her homemade food so we bought some Gerber Bananas and she had that Friday night.  The next morning she had a bad rash on her bum and I wonder if it was from the jar bananas.  Would she get it only on her bum if it was from the food?  My book said it would be an impressive rash.  She's gotten diapers rashes before and she did have a poopy diaper that morning so maybe she just sat in it too long before she woke me up, but it was kind of blistery and it's never looked like that.

I plan to make most of her food except for having some jars on hand for emergencies, so maybe I'll stick with the Beechnut which she's already had and avoid Gerber just in case.  We see our new doctor tomorrow, I'm kind of nervous, I hope we like her.  I am not looking forward to her having her shots again.  Though as much as I hate to see her cry, I have to admit, she is so darn cute when she cries.  It breaks my heart but at the same time I can't help but think she's so adorable.  Lately she seems to be hurting herself and therefore crying a lot more.  But it's likely just because she's more mobile and has more opportunity to get hurt.  Today I had her sitting on the floor between my legs and I wasn't paying attention for a minute and she fell forward onto her face.  Ooops.  And then she fell asleep on me on the couch tonight so I went in to put her in her crib, she rolled in my arms and whacked her head on the bars.  And the other night my dad carried her sleeping from his place out to our camper and put her down in her pack 'n play but he bent over too far and his phone fell out of his shirt pocket and bonked her on the head.  Poor baby.

My first instinct is always to comfort her, which I do for a few seconds, but then I try to make her laugh and smile and forget about it.  I want a strong girl, I don't want her to fall to pieces every time she gets hurt.  It's hard though, I hate to see my baby in pain. 

We went to my cousin's wedding on Saturday and at the reception we were sitting by another cousin and his wife and their daughter just loved Emily.  She kept hugging her all night and she'd put her hands on her face and Emmy would laugh and smile.  Sooo adorable.  Lindsay will be 3 in January so I love that she's only two years older and they'll likely be friends as they get older.  Ryan gets along with her dad, my cousin Brian really well and we almost always hang out with him and his wife Connie when we're up there, so it'll be cool if our kids our friends too.  They're expecting another girl in January.  Yay girls! 

I would really like a boy someday, but I have to say, if we got another girl I wouldn't be heartbroken at all.  Speaking of, I've had a little bit of baby fever lately.  Not sure if it's because I am really ready for another, or if it's just all the baby news lately.  Our friends had a baby in June, my cousin and his wife had a baby a few weeks ago, a friend just announced they're due with their fourth in March and said cousin above is due with their second in January.  I have a lot of reasons to be scared and hesitant, but lately my desire for another has been kind of outweighing that.

But I decided I won't make a decision until at least when Emily turns one.  But lately I have been kind of missing being pregnant.  I would have to say right now if I was leaning one way or the other, it would be more toward having another.  After having one successful pregnancy since Kayla it does make things a little bit easier.  But at the same time, March isn't that far away.  Am I ready?  I'd like to lose more weight first, it would be nice to not have GD this time if I can help it.  I said I would go on the pill until January and give my body a little time to regulate and then maybe start trying again, but wow, it's almost October already.  Am I ready to go off from it in January?  Such decisions.  But it really is true, you forget about all of the pain and stress of pregnancy.  But at least next time I can skip all of that 32 hours of labor bullshit, just schedule the repeat Csection, go in at 6am and have a baby at 8am.  And, I will admit, I've already thought about how we would tell our family.  I'd put Emily in a big sister shirt and see how long it takes people to figure it out.  Well, I've got six months, maybe by then I'll have a better idea of what I want to do.

I took Emily for her six month pictures on Friday.  We went to a new studio, a place my friend takes her boys.  I really liked them too, very nice and we ended up with great pictures.  We also got to take them home the same day which was awesome.  Only problem is I ended up ordering way too much, so I've been hounding people to take a lot.  In December we'll get family pictures taken in addition to Emily's 9 month pics.  I'm so excited to get a nice family picture taken.  Ryan is going to wear a navy blue Polo sweater, I'm going to wear a white shirt and I found the cutest navy and white casual dress for Emmy.  Then I'll have her christmas pics taken in a cute little dress. 

So here are some pics, Emily with her second cousin Lindsay and one of her six month pics with Kayla Bear.





No comments:

Post a Comment