Saturday, September 26, 2015

First steps!

Hallelujah, the girl finally took her first steps.  We had just gotten done watching the new Cinderella movie (which was great by the way) and Emily was standing by the Tv.  I was sitting a few feet away on the floor and she started crying for some reason.  I held out my arms and I said come here.  She smiled, let go of the tv stand, took three steps toward me and then fell into my arms!  I am so proud.

I think it will still be a little while before she is off and walking on her own completely, but it is progress and I'll take it.  Like I said, she took a few steps last week too, but it happened so fast and I saw it out of the corner of my eye.  So I am counting these as her first since it was plain as day and right in front of me.  Earlier today I caught her standing next to her walker, not holding on to anything, and lately when she cruises furniture she walks beside it and just casually puts her hand on the couch like it's a railing.

I'm so happy I can go to the pediatrician next week and say yes, she has taken her first steps.  Better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment