Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Off and running

Well Emily is officially walking (and running)!  One proud mama here tonight.  She took a few more steps the other day, and nothing yesterday (though she was at Grammy's most of the day, new environment, etc).  Then today I walked in the living room without her noticing me and caught her standing at her toy box, walking to the middle of the room, turned around and walked back, and ever since she has been walking all over.

She's still quite shakey.  If she starts from a standing position she does very well and can usually make it all the way across the room and stop and stand there.  More often though she acts like she is going to stand on her head and then stands up from there and I think it makes her a little disoriented and less sure footed.  She looks like a little drunk.

It's so cute watching her walk around.  Just such an odd things when she hasn't done it all this time, like if our fish just got out of it's bowl and started walking.  Take note, she began walking TWO days before her 18 month appointment.  I called it months ago, I said watch she is going to wait until the day before her appointment.  I guess she threw me a bone and decided on two days before.  And her appt was supposed to be last week but it got rescheduled.

So this is going to set the tone for the rest of her life.  She's going to be that kid that leaves everything to the last minute just to drive me nuts.  Man, karma is a bitch.  So proud of my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment