Sunday, June 22, 2014

Baptism

My baby girl was baptized today, her Godparents are my brother and Ryan's sister.  She did such a good job, she was great for the beginning of the service, for her starring moment and for about 10 more minutes of the service.  I knew she wouldn't make it through the whole thing though, she would need a nap so she and I went to the bathroom when she started crying.  We tried to go back out after about 10 minutes but she started crying again so we just stayed in the bathroom for the rest of the service.  Can't say I complained.  There was furniture in there and after a few minutes and some humming from mommy (I can't sing, and I can't hum much better but it did the trick) she was asleep on my chest.  She got a good 25 minute nap in, and then was a perfect little girl for pictures afterward.

Then we went back to our house and had a BBQ with our friends and family.  Emily got some great gifts like bibles, pictures frame and some money to start her savings account.  It was a wonderful day.  Yesterday we went to get her three month pictures done.  We didn't get one smile out of her, but they came out adorable anyway, of course because she is an adorable girl.  Our appt was at 1pm but they were running behind, so I don't think we got started until 1:30.  While we were waiting she fell asleep, and didn't even wake up when I got her out of her carseat.  So I put her in the little basket for her pics, she had just woken up and was groggy and some strange lady kept flashing a bright light in her eyes.  So understandably she was very sleepy and not in a smiley mood, but we did get an adorable one of her tongue hanging out.

So since returning to work I have zero time to get things done.  I get home from work later now, then I have to cook dinner, get her ready for bed, get ready for work the next day, etc.  So I've had no time recently to clean the house.  So we decided to hire Molly Maids to come in bi-monthly and they were able to schedule the first clean for Thursday, which was perfect to get it done for the baptism.  Well my phone died on Thursday so on my way home once I could charge it again, I had three messages from them saying they couldn't get in the house.

I gave them the key to the side door and specifically told the woman who came to do the price estimate that it was for the doorknob only, we don't use the deadbolt.  But they were trying it anyway, and ended up unlocking the doorknob but locking the deadbolt.  How they couldn't figure it out after a few is beyond me, but anyway they couldn't get in.  So they came Friday instead.  I had taken the day off work to get the cleaning done, but now that they were coming I decided to take the day off anyway and run errands.  But I was back home when they came, and my dad was over working on our garage so Em and I just hung out in the yard with him because I would have felt weird being in the house while they cleaned around me.

They were here for two hours....and I am so not impressed so far.  In addition to not being able to unlock a door, I watched the one lady go out to the car to get something and leave our door wide open, even though I specifically stressed that we have cats that cannot be let outside.  Then after they left I went in to check things out....they missed an incredibly dusty light fixture, there were sand-like granuals on the floor, the front of the cupboards were still dirty and there were still some whiskers in the sink.

There were other things too, like on Emily's nightstand you can tell they just moved stuff around to dust instead of clearing the whole table top since there is still a huge patch of dust, and when I sit across the room I can still see a ton of dust under the other furniture, they just swiped the stuff that was like at the edge of the furniture.   Now the missed spots this time I am not too worried about, it was the first clean and to be honest, the house was really dirty.  Plus since I am supposed to be a Thursday person, they probably squeezed me in on Friday.  However, I'll give them a few more chances, but if we have the same problems, then we're done.  I am not paying a team of 2 or 3 people to do a worse job than what I could do myself.

I realize I sound like a lazy rich girl.....psssha, my maids didn't do a good enough job.  But I am just trying to figure out how to be a good mother, worker, and wife instead of just being mediocre at all three.  If I had more time, I would gladly (well, maybe not gladly) clean my own house.  But the worst part was, they broke a statue we bought for Kayla.  It was the one I bought for October 15th, it's clay hands forming a heart with a butterfly on them and a candle inside.  I found it in four pieces on the shelf, and the worst part was they didn't say a word to me.  I can kind of understand why they would have been nervous to tell me, but at least leave a note, don't let me just find it and hope I would think someone else did it.  If Ryan had broken it I would know, there is no way he could break something for Kayla and not be upset about it.

The picture frame next to it wasn't broken but it had obviously been dropped as well since the frame was kind of coming apart and I had to smack it back together.  I find it odd that I've never broken anything while cleaning, but yet they're here for the first time here they break one thing and almost another.  But I know what the problem is....they are probably minimum wage workers that are expected to do 4 hours of work in 2 hours time.  It's really hard to do a quality job when you just don't have the time.  And I am a reasonable person, I understand that things happen and sometimes break, and they had no idea of its sentimental value, but I am pissed that they didn't tell me.  Along with the other issues of the deadbolt, leaving the door open and doing a crappy clean, I don't see this working out.

I'll give them a couple more weeks, but my SIL is going to find out how her friends maids work out for them (they are individuals, not from a corporation) so maybe I'll go that route if this doesn't work.  In better "Kayla momento" news, our Molly Bear is being worked on and should be ready next month.  I'm so excited, I ordered it in October and I thought there was over a year waitlist.  So thankful we only have to wait 9 months.  Ha, it's like the Molly Bear is being born after 9 months.  Emily will have six month pictures done in September so I think I'll have her take a few pictures with the bear.

Well, I'm off to write a strongly worded email to Molly Maids.

No comments:

Post a Comment