Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Potty training, day 2, block 1

I don't know if my kid is amazing, or if that book is amazing, or both.  I kept Em in block one today just because I wasn't certain she was giving off signs that she's about to go, or maybe I wasn't catching them, but I think it's safe to say she has graduated to block 2.  She did every pee pee (except during nap with her diaper on) in the potty.

I try to get her to go when she first gets up, but I have no clue how long ago she went in her diaper, so I'm not too concerned when she doesn't go right away.  But it was going on 11am and she still hadn't gone.  I tried prompting her, asking if she had to go and she would always say no, or I'd ask her to sit on the potty and try.  Sometimes she would, but she didn't have to go.  Then around noon, just like yesterday, with no word or sign, she just went and sat on the potty and peed.  She did the same about 4 or 5 more times through out the day.

She did poop again in her diaper during her nap, so if that continues many more days I will have to consult the book and find out how to encourage her to do it in the potty.  I am not sure if she is holding it for nap, or if she just naturally tends to poo during nap while she's relaxed.  I would say the latter since even before PTing, she quite often woke up with a poopy diaper.  It was nice to not have to watch her like a hawk today since by the second or third time I was convinced she knows when she has to go.

Tomorrow we get to graduate to clothes.  I'm excited and scared.  I'm excited because I don't care for her running around naked.  I don't mind it for PTing sake, but to me it just seems undesirable to be naked all day.  I am sure she does not care, but I'll be happy to put clothes on her tomorrow.  But I am scared because she has been doing so well, I am afraid clothes will muck it up.  She normally goes to her Nana's on Wednesdays but I am keeping her home.  With starting a new block tomorrow, it's probably best to be at home and not change her routine.  I am sure she isn't aware tomorrow is Wednesday.  My MIL has Friday afternoons off, so maybe if Em is doing well by then I can send her for a little while.  It will be nice to get a break, being with her and mostly watching her for 12 hours a day is tiring.

Sunday were going to a big flea market.  I don't want to cancel, but when I made the plans I wasn't aware that it would only be day 7 of PTing.  By block two you can start taking small trips out, but shopping for a few hours at a flea market 40 minutes away is probably not considered a quick outing.  But by then we should have a few quick trips under our belts, and I will just make sure to limit her liquids for the morning, bring lots of extra clothes and take her to the potty frequently.  It's at a racetrack, so they aren't the cleanest of bathrooms, so I had better take her potty ring just to be safe.  Especially since I doubt she will have had the chance to pee in a public bathroom before then.  The potty ring will probably make her feel more secure.

If the rest of the blocks go as well as one did, I think that is proof I shouldn't have another kid.  She has been so easy with most things, she is a good kid and she is so sweet....if potty training turns out to be simple, there is NO way I could be lucky enough to get another good baby, and PTing would probably take a year with that one.

We were watching Frozen today (of course, because we watch it like 1-2 times a day lately) and Olaf had just gotten done singing his song about summer.  Em was sitting on my lap, she threw her head back and sang, suuuummmmmer!  It was the funniest thing.  Then tonight I was tucking her in and she wanted one of her small stuffed animals off the chain that's hanging behind her door.  I didn't know what she was asking for, so I kept saying this one?  This one?  Then she says elephant, in the cute way she says it.  So I gave it to her, she was snuggling it and hugging it with her head down.  Then she looked up and made her elephant noise really loudly.  She just cracks me up.  Earlier she insisted on putting her Minnie Mouse boots on....so she was strutting her stuff around the room naked, and wearing boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment