Thursday, May 19, 2016

Goodbye Onsies

I went shopping for Emily's new wardrobe yesterday.  She has plenty of clothes that still fit, she's still in 24 months and some 18 months, but I needed to replace all of her onsies, since onsie and potty trained kid do not mix.  As it is she always forgets to pull down her pants before sitting on the potty, I wouldn't want to give her more to do.

I was kind of amazed at how many onsies there still are for 24 month clothes.  Back when she was younger I figured she would grow out of onsies long before I was ready for her to stop wearing them.  I am assuming there aren't any at 2T though, or at least maybe nothing more than just undershirts and stuff.  So I made a pretty good haul, I got her lots of cute t shirts and summer dresses.  Found her a nice pair of tennis shoes too.

Last summer she had a pair of Kean's and they were the best shoes she ever had.  The lasted her all summer, they went with everything and they were durable.  But I got them at a garage sale for like $1, I cannot bring myself to pay full price for shoes she'll grow out of in a couple months, so forget about paying for brand new Kean's.  But the shoes I found her yesterday are a close second.  I don't think there are any special brand, but they have a lot of mesh on them so they're good for summer, and they're pretty slim.  I feel like too many toddler tennis shoes have really thick soles and just a lot of unnecessary bulk, and when those little feet get running, the bulky shoes tend to make them trip.  But these are light weight and not bulky, I love them and they fit her great with room to grow.

Tomorrow I'll have to go through her closet and pack away all of her onsies/winter clothes/outgrown clothes to make room for her new ones.  I also need to find someplace to put her underwear.  My husband didn't know where I keep them, and ended up putting a diaper cover on her the other day, thinking it was underwear, lol.  I had to laugh, but really they are basically underwear.  They got the job done.

When we bought our house it came with a big boulder half sunken in the corner of our front yard.  I guess it is supposed to be decorative, but we've always hated it and intended to rip it out eventually.  But today I was unloading groceries when a woman walked by, pulling her granddaughter in a wagon.  I said hello to them, and then the little girl pointed to the rock.  She looked to be maybe 6 months younger than Em.  Her grandma said yep, there's your rock.  Then she said to me, she likes to sit on it.  Awwww, that makes my heart turn to mush.  So now we absolutely cannot tear it out since it's this little girl's favorite.  I told my husband and he agrees, we can't tear it out now.

So weird, but this little girl made me want Emmy so much right then.  She was still at Grammy's house because I had to commute to work today so she stayed over there.  It's so nice to have those breaks, but by the end of the evening I am always anxious to go get my girl back, but seeing this adorable little girl and how she had claimed our rock, just made me want my baby even more.

I so lucked out with her potty training.  She is so good, today is 8 days straight with no accidents.  If she tells you she has to go, it's not like you have to run faster than the speed of light to get her there in time.  We can easily just stop what we're doing and head for the potty, she is never in a rush or close to having an accident for waiting so long.  She will often go when prompted like before a walk or before nap, but most of the time now she tells you when she has to go.  But I figure this was owed to me.  After how long it took her to learn to walk, I needed something like easy potty training as a reward for all my patience.  But still, I am so lucky to have a kid who learned so easily.

So it's 11pm and I am headed to bed.  I barely got any sleep last night, and I worked most of the day so I am beat.  I was supposed to go Tuesday but I was still too sick so I went today.  So glad I did, I felt much better today.  I cannot imagine I would have gotten much of anything done given how awful I felt a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment