Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vent- 19 wks 2 days

I keep meaning to vent about this, and keep forgetting.  When people hear or realize that I am due in July, they have to exclaim, oooh no, you're going to be so hot and miserable.

Ok first of all, yes I am aware that July will likely be hot.  I have lived in Michigan all my life, I have experienced almost 34 hot Michigan summers and at the very least it will be in the upper 70's, at the worst it will be over 100, I know this but thanks for telling me.

Second, this is the year 2013 people.  My office is air conditioned, my car is air conditioned and my house is air conditioned.  All I have to do is manage to waddle my fat ass from one 70 degree building to the next.  It's not like I have to till the fields under the blazing sun all day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pregnant with my second summer baby and I have to say that it's a great time to have a newborn. Instead of being stuck in the house during winter (or flu season!), us summer moms can go out everyday and enjoy ourselves. I did swell pretty bad while pregnant last time but I don't think it was related to the heat. Also, we can wear sundresses and flip flops and be totally comfortable during the last few weeks- its great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I would much rather be huge in the summer. I am excited for flowy dresses and flip flops, and especially for a summer shower with a cute maternity dress! I would hate to have to wear a big winter coat with a huge belly, worry about slipping on ice and trying to bundle up a newborn to go...nowhere, since there is nowhere to go in the winter.

      Delete