Sunday, March 3, 2013

Registry- 19 wks 2 days

Ryan and I went to Buy Buy Baby today and got about 90% of our registry done.  It was fun, but man am I tired.  I think we were there for about 3 or 4 hours and my feet were screaming when we were done.  I got overwhelemed a few times, like at the video monitor section.  It didn't help that the other couple that was registering right around us was looking at the monitors too; I can't concentrate when there are other people right there.

I would have been fine with a regular audio one, I mean, we don't live in a mansion.  But before we even went today, I knew Ryan would want to go video, so I accepted that going into it.  There are some perks though, a few people have said they are nice because you can look to see if baby is awake and needs you, or if they are just making noise but ok. So we passed on it in the store and once I got home we looked online and found one that got great reviews.  Plus, it was almost $100 cheaper than some of the ones we were looking at.

I got overwhelemed again in bedding....it's the one part of the store that seems disorganized and messy.  But we did see a crib with a nice light pink sheet with a design, so we scanned the sign with the 5 piece set, but I was annoyed that the crib didn't actually have the whole set displayed.  Normally I don't like sales people, but we came across one and she was actually helpful and showed us the set on the shelf.  It's really cute, and while it's not a theme per se, the mobile does have butterflies which is beyond perfect because I was thinking about butterflies, and it has some very nice wall decals and a lamp...not in the set, but just additonal pieces.  I also love that the bumper that goes with the set is a mesh one.  I am so sick of seeing these sets that comes with the billowy bumper that isn't safe.

So then we moved on to the gliders...not because we needed to pick one out since we already added one to our Amazon registry, but because we were freaking tired and needed to rest.  Ryan and I both fell in love with this nice upholstered glider.  It was beautiful, it was all gray with pink piping which would have gone perfectly in the room.....except, it's obviously gender specific, and finally, with the ottoman is was around $1000.  Um yeah, that is about $400 more than our entire room full of furniture we have picked out.

So my final freak out was in the travel systems, but that went very well.  We checked out the first Graco we came to.  It was pretty light weight, it folded easily and the car seat clicked in and out easily and it was a nice gender nuetral color.  A sales lady came by and helped us find the one in the box so we could scan it, and she just happaned to be carrying an 8 pound doll, so she put it in the carrier for me to feel how heavy it was with just an average size newborn.  Holy hell, I really need to start hitting the weights more, that was freaking heavy, and that's just the beginning.

One of these weeks my best firend is going to go back with me and we'll add a few more things that I need her help with.  I am so lost on bottles, I know I should get a couple of different kinds, but they all just overwhelm me.  I am also lost about pacifiers.  I really don't want a kid that is addicted to them; it's not a habit I want to break later, but I know they really help some babies and they don't get super attached to them, so I wonder if we should have some just in case.  And if so, I have no idea which ones to get.

I am glad we got a lot done though, and next weekend we plan on going to Lowe's to get paint, drywall for the closet and the closet doors, and hopefully once we have the supplies, Ryan will get started in the room.  We went a little crazy registering for clothes.  I had wanted to just put on a few special outfits that we liked, because I know most people will buy at least an outfit or two, especially since it's a girl.  People love to buy little girl clothes, but Ryan went nuts, he was so cute scanning all these little girl outfits.  Although he really needed to slow down, later I had to go through and delete a bunch because he wasn't bothering to look at sizes.  He had 18 months which is fine, but we need to consider what the weather will be like at 18 months, and he even had some 3T's on there, lol.

In other news, I busted out of my winter coat for the second time in a week today.  The first time it happened on the way in to work, and today I was at the cemetery with my dad, and bam the zipper just broke open.  Wow, and I'm not even that big yet.  I fixed it, but I am sure it will happen again.  Thank God next month is April and we're almost out of winter.  I do not want to spend money on a new coat right now, so I'll just make do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment