Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gender Reveal- 18 wks 6 days

We finally got to do our gender reveal with the cupcakes last night.  Lol, I say finally like it was way more than just one day later.  But it felt like it.  We went to my MIL and FIL's first, we only stayed for like 10 minutes, long enough for them to eat their cupcakes and hug and be excited, lol.  I had texted an ultrasound picture to my MIL earlier in the day and she said everyone at her work was making guesses based on the picture (you couldn't see the goods in the pic) and they all thought boy, hehehe, we fooled them.

So they were happy, especially my MIL.  She's very girly so I know she'll be excited for another little princess.  But she would have been equally as thrilled about a boy.  I think my FIL would have liked a boy, out of their 6 grandchildren now, only two are boys.  Plus there is the whole passing on the name thing....My FIL is one of three boys, and his brothers all had girls.  My husband is the only one left with a chance of passing on the name.  But I have a feeling our next one will be a boy.  It's a very loosly based theory mind you, but my best friend has two boys, my other friend has three girls, and my husband'a s best friend has two boys....so I think we'll get one of each.  I told you it was a loose theory, but a theory nonetheless.

So then we were off to my SIL's, they were still eating dinner when we got there so we ended up staying about an hour....which was about 50 minutes longer than we had intended, but it was fun.  After dinner we broke out the cupcakes for dessert and of course the kids were excited.  So they all got their cupcakes, my BIL bit to the pink first and he covered it up before anyone else could see it, and then my SIL got to hers and then my nephew.  My poor neice, she's almost 4, she was taking such little baby bites, so she kept whining that hers didn't have any pink, lol.

So my SIL asked the kids what they thought this meant and my nephew said um, princess?  She was like sort of; do you think this means Aunt Amy is having a boy or a girl and they both yelled girl.  Then they asked my neice if she wanted a little girl cousin and she yelled no, lol!  She's so smart though, I showed her an ultrasound picture on my phone, and she said we have a picture too and she showed me the 8 week ultrasound pic I gave them at Christmas.  I think that's pretty genious of her to know those are the same kind of pictures, esspecially considering the baby looked like an upside down rubber ducky in the 8 week one.

So then we stayed and chatted for a bit, talked about baby plans and such.  My SIL gave me a huge tote of her old maternity clothes, score!  I'm wearing one of the shirts today, I'm so excited to go through them more.  As we were getting ready to go, my neice gave me a hug and her head comes right about to my belly and she asked if the baby is in there.  I said yep and she asked why she can't feel her.  I said she's still really tiny, and I showed her with my hands about how big she is.  How cute!

So finally we went to my brother's house.  Of course he doesn't follow rules, so instead of biting it he just pulled off the bottom of the cupcake and then covered it up so his girlfriend wouldn't see.  So as she was trying to bite hers (they were big cupcakes) he kept flashing the pink to the camera when she wasn't looking.  It was pretty funny.  I don't know why it didn't dawn on me to take video the entire time, but at my MIL and FIL's I only took pictures, and of course none of them are good since they are like mid bite, or making a funny face because they weren't expecting to get their picture taken.  But at least I have video of my SIL and her family and my brother and his girlfriend.  It will be fun to watch them someday with Kayla and she can see how excited everyone was to find out she is a girl.

My brother and his girlfriend were very excited....his GF has already been collecting books and until now was going crazy seeing cute outfits she couldn't buy, not knowing which to get.  This baby is going to be very loved.

My dad and his girlfriend already know, but we're going over for dinner tomorrow night and to give them their cupcakes, so I'll have to make them act surprised so we can do a video of them too.  Bah, now I'm even more bummed I don't have video of my inlaws.  Oh well. 

On the way out last night, I told him Ryan I wasn't sure if he was wavering on the name since he asked me what other names I had thought of, but that I want her name to be Kayla, and he responded very quickly with an enthusiastic "ok", lol.  He said he just wanted to make sure I was really happy with it, which is really sweet.  The fact that he loves the name so much, but would have considered others if I wasn't completely happy, just makes me want to go with the name even more.  Once we got done with our trip around the world last night, we announced on facebook.  Such a fun night!  Now I can't wait to start decorating and shopping.  I had really wanted a pink and brown nursery, but Ryan vetoed it, so we both agreed on pink and gray.  I think I actually like it better....we'll probably do light gray walls, with pink accents like curtains, bedding, some wall art, etc.  I was thinking maybe we'll paint the closet doors the same color as the walls, and then outline the middle with pink....I'm not sure what it's called, it's like the grooves that form the six panels on the doors.  Anyway, I think it will be beautiful, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment