Monday, February 11, 2013

Wow- 16 wks 3 days

Gone is the girl who ran/walked her first 10K and blew away the time she had estimated to finish in, and the girl that regularily rode 10-25 mile bike rides during the summer.  Hell, I walked 5 miles the night before I found out I was pregnant.  At my dieticians urging, I walked on the treadmill tonight.  I thought, I can do this....I have a nice cozy gym in the basement, I popped in the first disc of Friends and I would just walk while I watched one episode.  Easy peasy right?  Not so much.

Within minutes I was sweating like a buffalo, my heels hurt (wtf?) and at just 3.1 MPH I got that cramp in my side again and had to slow down to 3.0.  Pathetic.  I was watching the time the whole way, dying for the 30 minutes to be up.  I know I have barely worked out in 3 months and I have a little passenger now, but I didn't think walking would be so exhausting.  But I did it, and despite being tired, 30 minutes really isn't that bad.  And I only have to do it four days a week.  Maybe once I have done it for a couple weeks and I have been on my diet longer, it will get easier and I'll feel better.

On the plus side, I realized I haven't gained as much as I thought I had.  My doctor has been saying I gained 11 pounds, and they only want me to gain 15.  But then it dawned on me, not only do I weigh in there with my clothes on, it's of course different outfits each time, some of which can be heavier than others plus shoes, and some appts are in the morning wheras others are after lunch.  That's hardly accurate.

When I weigh in at home, I weigh in every Friday morning, naked, after using the bathroom and before eating.  According to my scale, I have only gained 7 pounds.  I would say that's much more accurate.  So actually, the idea of only gaining 15 sounds very doable, especially if sticking to this diet makes me lose weight which the nurse says it will.  Speaking off, I am off to find a snack, and make a grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment