Monday, February 11, 2013

Dietician-16 wks 3 days

Ok, so I'll eat my words (they're low carb right?), the dietician was helpful.  This is unlike any diet I have ever done in the past, so I definitely learned a lot.  It sounds a bit overwhelming, but I think I can do it.  I'm just really scared about those special days, like when we go out for sushi in a couple weeks.  I am sure it's going to be hard to find nutritional info on sushi, but I'll have to do my best.  Although it can't be too bad, there is very little rice wrapped around them, and most have veggies or fish which is protein.

I had to cancel my WW account, which I am sad about.  I really liked it, but she said it just wouldn't work with this.  It would be like apples and oranges....I have almost drank my required amount of water for the day, I just have two and a half more cups to drink at home, but it makes more sense to spread it out.  Besides, I am tired of running to the bathroom, I just went 20 minutes ago and I have to go again.

I am stopping at the store on my way home today to buy a little notebook to keep track of my food.  I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow so I need to study my paperwork she gave me tonight so I can make a list of foods I need to get.

The nurse didn't think a glucometer would be covered by my insurance since I am not on insulin, and if that was the case I would need to go get my blood drawn TWICE, EVERY Saturday for at least the duration of my pregnancy.  I was like ah, no.  So I spent all morning back and forth with the doctor and my insurnace and finally found that a glucometer is covered, whew!  So I got it ordered, that is 100% covered and I ordered 3 months worth of test strips and lancets which was a co-pay of $25/month, which isn't bad.  My insurance is changing in April so I am glad I got the glucometer in case it isn't covered by my new insurnace, and hopefully the supplies are covered still.  Is it weird that I am a little excited about testing?  Yeah, I am a nerd.

I guess I just need to get really serious and know that it isn't just me I am hurting if I don't follow the diet.  I assume I can still go out to eat, I just have to be smart about it.  On Friday night instead of 4 pieces of pizza and 4 breadsticks and a pop, I'll just have to stick to probably one peice of pizza, one breadstick and load up on salad and water.  Cutting back to make sure I am within my carb allottment is better than giving it up altogether.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's going to be difficult to get used to your new diet but at least you can still have some good things like pizza. I don't know if I could live without my carbs- I think I would starve to death haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, truthfully it's not THAT bad. However I do have times of panic when I just want to eat without thinking and just not worry about how much I eat of what food group. I'll survive though :)

    ReplyDelete