Saturday, February 2, 2013

Maternity clothes- 15 wks 1 day

I made a killing today, I finally made it out to that maternity and baby consignment store today.  I got four shirts, a pair of jean capris, a pair of work pants and a U of M onsie all for $45.  I think that's awesome, especially considering the pair of work pants I got from Target was $35 just for that.  I'm so excited that I finally have some better clothes to wear for work.  I should get one more pair of work pants, then with casual Friday that means I only have to repeat one pair per week.

I was shocked at how many shirts didn't fit though, I took a ton in with me to the dressing room.  Though since they were used, I am thinking some of them were shrunk from wearing and washing since some of them did fit, but they barely covered my tummy now, let along in a few more months.

The onsie I got was so cute, it's a 3 mo U of M one...it was only $5, I couldn't pass it up.  As soon as I got home I hung it in the baby's closet.  My best friend gave me a bunch of kids hangers that she didn't need so those came in handy.  She also has a huge bin of clothes she wants me to look through.  Even if I end up having a girl, I am sure most of her boys clothes will work.  A pair of fleece pants and a striped shirt will work for either.  I'm so lucky we have so many friends and family willing to give us stuff.

Despite trying a lot the other night, I couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler.  I told myself before I bought it that I wouldn't freak out if I couldn't find it sometimes since I know the baby moves and can make it hard to hear, but I have to say it did bother me a little, though no major freak out.  So I did find it Thursday, but the baby must have been going crazy because I could never hear it for more than a couple seconds without some other loud noise interrupting it.  So I listened again last night....I found it within 5 seconds and it was so LOUD.  I was able to listen to it for a good 5 minutes...well I could have gone longer but I wanted to go to bed.  It was music to my ears, it was so steady and strong and loud.  I wonder if maybe the baby was sleeping, because that is a but unusual to be able to listen for so long without it moving.  It was like 1am, but of course the baby doesn't know that.  I can't wait to record the heartbeat with the teddy bear we bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment