Friday, February 8, 2013

GD- 16 wks

The title stands for gestational diabetes, but how I feel at the moment it could stand for something else.  So it's official, I have been diagnosed.  The nurse said I flunked the3 hour GTT pretty bad.  Dammit, I was afraid of that.  So starting Monday after I see the dietician, I have a few weeks to control it through diet or I have to go on insulin.

I really don't want to go on insulin, but I'm very nervous about this diet.  I have been doing well on WW the last few weeks.  I've been eating pretty healthy, and can still afford a few treats.  My weight fluctuates a bit, but overall I have lost 1 pound, so I have been doing good.  However I know there is a difference between eating the right amount of calories to lose or maintaine weight, and eating good nutritional food.  Just because WW says I stayed within my points, doesn't mean my blood sugar isn't off the charts.

So I'm nervous because it sounds like there is a lot less wiggle room in this diet.  I can eat well all week on WW, have a Friday night pig out and eat eh, not so great the rest of the weekend and still do well.  But I doubt that will be the case on this diet.  I have to watch my carbs really closely.  And I know if I don't do well enough and have to go on insulin, I am going to beat myself up for it.  But being the geek I am, I am a little excited about using the glucometer.  For some reason it seems like fun to me.  I know, I'm weird.

On a better note, I think we may have finally agreed on a nursery theme if it's a boy.  My husband doesn't like the generic stuff, like a cartoon monkey or a cartoon truck, but I found a Lion King set at BRU that he likes.  The only bad thing is, we cannot do a blue room if we go with the Lion King because there is no blue in it.  It's browns, yellows and greens.  I am not a fan of yellow or green, so I am thinking a tan paint color would look nice.  But I am probably over thinking all of this, we don't even know the sex yet.  I shouldn't put too much thought into it until we know.

On a completely weird note, my boobs itch like a mother....it's my weird little routine, I come home from work, take off my bra to change into my jammies and I scratch my boobs for about half an hour.  The other day the scratching felt so good, it was like an orgasm.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment