Friday, February 7, 2014

Crabby pants- 34 wks 1 day

Whew, I wore my crabby pants to work today.  Everybody was driving me crazy.  It's too bad there aren't two phases of maternity leave....for after the baby is here for recovery and bonding, and for before the baby is here so you do not commit murder in the last few weeks when your patience is paper thin.  I was coming out of the bathroom today when this lady, who annoys me on a good day but being pregnant, she annoys the ever living crap out of me, was coming in.  She says, "wow Amy, you're so big!".  I was like uh thanks, just what everyone wants to hear and she laughed.  Hey dummy, I wasn't making a joke, I was trying to tell you that your comment was rude. 

I will never understand why people think it is ok to make comments on your size when you're pregnant.  Especially considering I am overweight to begin with, don't ya think maybe, just maybe I don't want to be told how huge I am?  Besides, I really don't think I am that huge.  I mean, I definitely look almost 8 months pregnant, but ya know, some women appear to be 15 months pregnant so I don't think I look gargantuan.

Then, my boss for the millionth time in a row tried to schedule a meeting with me for after I was leaving for the doctor today.  Erg, I don't know why he does that.  We have personal calendars and then group calendars so you can see other peoples' availability but apparently he never checks it.  Not to mention the fact that he knows I have two appts every week now so maybe you should check the calendar to make sure it's not one of the appt days. 

The day got better though.  I left at 2 for my NST, I barely sat down when I got there and was called back.  The last two times I had to wait at least 30 minutes so it was awesome to get called back right away.  I got my favorite nurse....she's so nice.  I like them all, but she's my favorite.  She mentioned how great this pregnancy is going....she's right, I am very lucky.  Going into it we had no idea what would happen.  At best we figured bed rest and a premie in the NICU, but at worst there was the fear of losing another baby, but here I am, no bed rest, no major complications aside from the GD and the bleeding early on, and I'm 34 weeks which is basically in the early window of possibly not even needing NICU time if born now.  We've been through a lot with the infertility, early loss and losing Kayla, but we are so blessed to have Boo and have everything go well.

So she got me hooked up and she was much more mellow this time, only kicking once or twice every few minutes.  But then toward the end she got the hiccups so she was jerking every 2 or 3 seconds from the hiccup.  It was funny looking at the print out because there would be a dash or two here and there, but once the hiccups started it was just a thick blocks of hash marks since I had to hit the button so many times.  Pat came back in to check on me, took one look at the print out and said oh we've got the hiccups. 

So I left work at 2, my appt was at 2:30 and I was outta there by 3, home by 3:30 on a Friday afternoon.  It was nice.  I've "cooked" all week for the first time in forever.  I use the term cook loosley because one night it was tacos (no sides, just tacos, so basically browning ground beef) and the other three night we popped some Little Ceasars Pizza Kits in the oven.  Regardless, we didn't spend money and we ate at home, so I decided I deserved a night out tonight so we went to our favorite Mexican place.  We have nothing on the agenda for the weekend, so I hope to catch up on some sleep, and maybe get some cleaning done.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going so well for you.

    Your coworker needs high-fived in the face. With a chair.

    ReplyDelete