Friday, October 5, 2012

CD3

I went for my CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound today.  It's so nice not to be nervous for an appt, actually it was quite a nice morning.  That sounds really messed up, most people wouldn't want to deal with a dildo cam at 7:45 in the morning.  But I am generally not nervous at all for ultrasounds, despite them taking longer, I find them to be a million times less anxiety inducing, painful and uncomfortable as having a pap/pelvic exam.  The room is dimmer and just more inviting, and while I like my doctor a lot, I find that ultrasound techs are always super nice.

It made me think of this episode of King of Queens where Carrie got a referral to this amazing gyno...the room was aestetically pleasing, there was dim lighting, light music in the background, high thread count robes and they offered her a cappacinno.  I know they're not a spa, but for very little money gynos could make their examine rooms just a tad more inviting and it would make these unpleasant experiences so much better....or at least less sucky.  Seriously, I should find myself and gyno and to partner up with a create this, women would be lining up out the door.

All doctors office should at least have cloth gowns, that is my only complain about my RE.  My gyn's office has real cloth gowns and they are so much more comfortable than the paper blanket and paper "vest".  I know doctors have seen it all, but it would be nice to maintain a shred of dignity and not being trying to pull this delicate paper vest in odd ways in an attempt to cover your back fat while you're waiting for a highly invasive exam.

So anywho, I was the first one in this morning, they took me back right away for my u/s....it took longer than usual she said, since it was my baseline u/s she had to count and measure each follicle.  She said I have 21 in my right ovary....dummy me didn't ask what this means exactly (you never think to ask these questions at the time) but if I am reading correcting, dr. google says 21 is good
16-30
Normal (good) antral count, should have an excellent response to ovarian stimulation.
Likely to respond well to low doses of FSH drugs.
Very low risk for IVF cycle cancellation. Some risk for ovarian overstimulation.
Verry good pregnancy success rates overall.


Over 30 was the only better rating, but it sounded like with that high of a count there is risks for overstimulation, so I feel pretty good about my count.  She didn't say how many are on the left side, so I hope that doesn't mean it's bad, just that she didn't happen to say it outloud while she was typing.  At first she said there weren't any cysts, but she caught me on the way to my bloodwork and said there was one on my left side, and she wanted the bloodwork nurse to do betas on it.  I'm hoping one isn't too bad, but given that I do have PCOS, maybe one is pretty good....better than many of course.

So after my bloodwork I was off to work...I said I would be in by 9, but if I really rushed I could have made it by about 8:35 and then I'd be able to take a full lunch our since I already came in early yesterday to make up for the half hour being late.  But I decided to take my time, and stop at Dunkin Donuts and get a bagel and a hot chocolate.  I am glad I did, it's very nice to not have to be rushing and actually have time to get to work.  In an ideal world, it would be nice if I could just get to work when I get there instead of rushing to be there at 8....I'm not talking about coming in at 10 or anything, but it would be cool if we could come in anywhere between 8 and 9.  However it is not an ideal world, and I know eventually I would just get later and later and then I would be rushing to get there by 9.

My next appointment with the doctor is schedule for Oct 30th (our two year wedding anniversary) so we will discuss my bloodwork, u/s results and talk about the gameplan.  I'm very excited, I feel so good to be taking action and getting things underway.  I love my doctor, I love the office, everyone is so nice and they make it so easy going step by step.  For the first time in a long while of our TTC process, I feel really good and hopeful.  I also lost 1.8 pounds this week, and I think I lost about half a pound last week.  I credit WW, despite there being other programs I could use for free, I really think this is helping more than the others could.  Plus I think my doctor is right, not having the pressure to lose weight in order to ovulate is definitely helping.  I feel like I am working out because I genuinely want to, and I am eating better because it makes me feel better, not because the voice in my head is chanting "you've got to get pregnant"!

No comments:

Post a Comment