Friday, March 14, 2014

Last appointment- 39 wks 1 day

Ok so yesterday wasn't my last post.  I guess I just can't stay away.  Today was nice for my first day of leave.  I slept in until 9, then got ready and went to my last appointment.  I didn't realize I would be seeing the doctor today, but I was happy to see that it was my favorite one, Dr. P.  I like Dr. G a lot, but everytime I see Dr. P I'm reminded how just much I like her and how at ease I am with her.

So she checked my cervix, I'm still only dilated to one, boooo!  So she suspects the induction could be a rather long process.  But, she also said I could surprise everyone and it could be quick.  Seems like everything in the obstetrical world is "definitely this".....or this.  So while she was doing the exam, she said she'd try to help me out some but she wasn't going to strip my membranes.  I'm assuming she tried to manually dilate me a little more like I've heard of some doctors doing.  Wowza did that ever hurt.  It was almost right up there with getting fisted to get the placenta out. 

She said she is on call all weekend, so if my water were to break or contractions picked up (was contracting on the monitor about every 4 minutes but I couldn't feel them) to not hesitate to call and come in.  I asked her, if I was sure I needed to come in, should I still call first and she said either way but it's perfectly fine to call.  I love that she doesn't make you feel bad, or discourage you from calling even if it's the middle of the night.  It makes me happy to know she's the one on call all weekend and she's on the first two days of my induction.

So I find it kind of ironic that all pregnancy I was so worried about Boo coming too soon, but now it seems that she doesn't want to come out.  After that my NST didn't go so well, she kept moving away from the monitor; the nurse finally found it again but after she left she would move away and move back every few minutes, and then the machine ran out of paper so there was a good 15 minutes where not much data was recorded.  Finally she had me roll on my side which helped, but I was so uncomfortable.  Lately sometimes laying down gives me the worst pelvic cramps, so I had to stay kind of scrunched up to avoid them and it was an awkward position.

Finally the other nurse came back in but said I'd probably need a BPP since her movements weren't very reactive, but a few of the more recents ones were, so she took it to the doctor to check and he said they were ok.  But by then it was too late to meet my dad for lunch before his PT appt, so I went and had lunch by myself at one of my favorite places.  Then I went to Target....I got Kayla a card for her angelversary.  It was hard, so many of them didn't work since they're obviously talking about a living child, so I got a little choked up in the card aisle.  But I finally found one that worked, and score, it was one of those ones that are covered in plastic so we can take it out to the cemetery and it won't get ruined by any moisture. 

After that I got a pedicure and now I'm home relaxing.  In a little bit my husband and I are going out for our last date night....dinner somewhere and a comedy show.  Should be a nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment