Saturday, January 4, 2014

3D ultrasound fail- 29 wks 2 days

Boo says no way Jose, I will not perform for you for your entertainment.  Our appt was at 9:30 this morning and I guess I should have known it woudn't be a good time since she isn't as active during the morning.  She likes to sleep in like her mama.

My inlaws met us there, so I felt bad that we dragged them out there and it didn't go well....but I know my MIL was excited to go, my FIL not so much, lol.  So the tech tried for several minutes but Boo was sleeping with her back to us.  So she suggested we go get something to eat, perferrably something sugary so she'd get moving, and come back in 20 minutes.  So we went to Tim Horton's and I got a small hot chocolate and some tim bits.  When we went back, she was awake and moving around but she was still mostly facing away from us and wouldn't turn.  She switched to the 3D a few times but we couldn't get a good enough look at her face.  I'm sure my doctor would be thrilled to hear I completely annihilated my diet this morning for an elective ultrasound and it didn't even work.  Yeah, she won't be hearing about this.

So we rescheduled for this coming Wednesday at 8pm, maybe she'll be a little more cooperative.  The boys don't want to go again, even though it was originally my husband's idea in the first place....so my MIL and I will go, and I think my stepmom may even be able to go.  She had to work today, so she's happy we had to reschedule.  I'm not sure what happens if she still doesn't cooperate.  Do they just keep rescheduling?  Do we get our money back?  I mean, I can't keep going, it's not like it's right down the street, and they said it doesn't really work well past 33 weeks since the baby gets too big, and I'll be 30 next week. 

What we did get to see was fun and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a better shot on Wednesday, but I have to say, I don't think I'd do this again for any more pregnancies.  The quality of the 2D was terrible compared to my doctor's machine, and the women at the front desk kinda pissed me off.  The package was one price, but for an additional $40 you can purchase a heartbeat animal and record the heartbeat.  Well we already had one from Kayla so we took the heart along and asked if we could just record it onto the heart we already had.  They acted like it was the most off the wall question, so they called the owner and she agreed, but first said there would be a $10 charge.  We said fine since it was better than spending $30 more for another stuffed animal.

Then she got a text and the owner I guess changed her mind and said she'd only charge us $5, which was nice, but she felt the need to add in that she kind of felt like it was the same as bringing your own food to the movies.  Ummmm, we weren't out to screw them over or avoid the charge.  It's not like we brought a tape recorder to record it, we would have happily bought an animal from there, but we already had one.  Doesn't make sense to buy one when we already had one.  Plus it's not like it really takes any effort on their part to hit the record button on our heart.  It's not like we're getting $40 worth of work out of them for $5.

Anyways....so I thought it was kind of funny that Boo wouldn't cooperate.  It's like she was saying, dude, it's Saturday morning, leave me alone.  I cooperate at doctor appointments, what more do you want from me?  But the tech was able to tell us she's got hair, you could see a little outline of fuzz.  How cute!

My appt the other day went well, I met the 4th doctor in the practice.  I saw him very briefly when he came by on his rounds in the hospital, but I couldn't get a real impression of him in that few minutes, but I like him, he was nice.  I told him this one spot on my stomach hurts and feels like she's stabbing me with a little knife, so he says "well, did you give her a knife"?  Haha.  He said it's probably just due to stretching and her kicking in the same spot often.  Oddly enough this week it hasn't been hurting like it did last week...maybe she had a growth spurt last week.  So I was glad to meet him and that I like him.  Of course I have my favorite doctor, but it's nice to know that I like 3 of the 4 doctors so whoever I get for delivery should be fine.  Even if I get Dr. Dueschbag, just because I don't agree with his opinion on IC doesn't necessarily mean he'll be bad during delivery.  It won't be the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment