Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014- 28 ks 6 days

The snow is beautiful, but unfortunately snow means my husband is at work.  He's actually been home for quite a while though.  He was home all last night, we had my brother and his fiancee over for dinner.  We had steaks, twice baked potatoes and green beans, and they brought macaroni salad and mini cupcakes.  I won't be surprised if my doctor ups my insulin again tomorrow.  Some readings are good, but I've had plenty of high ones lately when I thought they would be better.  Sometimes it's my fault, but other times I thought I ate well and my bloodsugar was too high, so I am kind of hoping she does up it because too many high readings worries me.

After dinner we just sat around and chatted and then we switched on a NYE show in time to watch the ball drop.  It was a nice, low key NYE.  My MIL posted a message on facebook, wishing everyone a happy new year and how they are looking forward to welcoming their 8th grandchild in 2014....I know some people probably think it's a small thing, but it meant the world to me that she included Kayla in her count.

Today I slept in till 11:30 and Ryan was just getting home when I got up.  Normally I try to be productive on weekends, but since today was a freebie day off, I decided to just be lazy.  We got a lot of snow and my husband doesn't like me going out when it's really snowy.  It drives him crazy when he is trying to work to clear the snow and people just have to go out to the grocery store.  My dad had invited us over for dinner today but I told him it was likely I wouldn't even get dressed today, which I did not. 

I ate when I got up, watched some TV and around 2 my husband came upstairs to lay down on the couch since he had to go back to work at 6 tonight.  He fell asleep pretty quick, and despite sleeping in I felt sleepy myself so I took a nap too.  When we woke up we had a late lunch, and now he's off to work.  He brought up the tote for christmas decorations so I guess I had better get busy undecorating.  Most years I am ready to take the tree down by new years but I wish I could leave it for a little longer.  The lights from the tree are so pretty and it smells so good.  But, it will start dropping needles soon so I guess I had better get busy.

Boo was going crazy earlier, I swear she did a complete somersault earlier.  I love her kicks, but that was a little nuts.  Thankfully she calmed down so mama could nap.  I'm excited to see her again tomorrow, and then we're having the 3D ultrasound on Saturday.  I'm very excited for that.  Back to work tomorrow, but at least it's just two days until the weekend.  I could get used to having Wednesdays off every week.  I went in early, worked through lunch and stayed an hour late both Monday and Tuesday.  I'll go in early and work through lunch tomorrow too but I'm so excited to leave at 3 for my doctor appt.  Hopefully my boss doesn't make overtime mandatory for this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment