Tuesday, January 28, 2014

If diabetes were a person.....32 wks 5 days

....I'd punch them in the face.  Sunday was an interesting day.  Despite feeling like I constantly am food shopping for snacks and meals, we had very little in the house to make healthy meals that day.  We had some leftover mac and cheese, and some leftover chicken from my salad the night before.  I had some salad ingrediants to make a fresh salad so I added the chicken, nuked the mac and cheese and was rather excited for my lunch.

Then, it happened.  I stupidly attempted to balance my (paper, I might add) bowl on top of my can of diet pepsi to carry my food into the living room.  Yep, you can guess what happened.  Salad, meet sink.  I had no more chicken to make another salad, and I couldn't just eat all carbs for lunch.  So I cried.  I cried a lot.  I think about 15 minutes.  My husband was downstairs but has headphones on when he's down there.  I was above going down there, crying my eyes out for sympathy, but I was not above slamming things around and crying loudly to get his attention so he'd come up and give me sympathy.  It didn't work.  Those damn headphones are too good.

I swear I am not usually this pathetic, but I have just had it with this diet and it all came pouring out in a big snotty cry.  So since my sympathy ploy wasn't working, I finally calmed down and ordered another salad from the pizza place. 

Last night I picked up Arby's and got a turkey sandwhich with some sort of healthy looking but not so tasty bread.  It was a big sandwhich so I only ate half, which is good because I later found out the whole thing was 76 grams of carbs.  I also had a side salad.  I take insulin before dinner, so generally I can be a little less strict with dinner.  My bloodsugar.....124.  Damn.  Not too high, but above the cut off of 120 of course.

I knew it was risky to take the other half of sandwhich for lunch today since it was too high for dinner, but I didn't want to waste it, and I didn't feel like making anything else.  So today I had the other half, and instead of a salad I had two small cucumbers.  My bloodsugar,....106.  What?  Had it been off from the previous night by just a few points, I would assume one half of the sandwhich was a smidge bigger, but 18 points is a pretty big difference in my opinion.  This is partly of why I hate diabetes so much.  You can do everything right and still have high numbers, or you can totally blow it, and your numbers can be good.  Like tonight, I had a portion of Dreamfields pasta which is healthy carb pasta, a table spoon of spaghetti sauce and a few ounces of chicken....128.  Erg!

But the good news of the day, I was going over my paperwork today for my FMLA.  I had requested for my last day of work to be March 14, so my leave will start on March 17th, but for some reason they put it in for Friday March 14th being my first day off.  It's too big of a pain to resubmit, so as long as my boss is cool with it, I'll start my leave a day early.   That works out well, so if I end up having to be induced that Monday, we'll have one more day to get ready and hopefully relax before our lives turn upside down....but in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment