Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Laziness, food, and furniture, oh my!- 31 wks 6 days

I called off work today, I have no discipline anymore.  I didn't sleep well, in the past few days, if I sleep on any one side long enough, my hips hurt and my legs get crampy.  I know I am tired just about everyday, but today I just coudn't do it.  I called in and went back to bed, despite another few hours of a fitful sleep. 

Honestly I know once I got to work I would have been fine.  Tired yes, but ok.  But the idea of getting myself ready this morning was just exhausting.  So I was supposed to go to the doctor tomorrow, but with calling out today, I felt bad about having to leave work at 2 tomorrow.  So I called to reschedule and they'll get me in next Thursday along with my NST.  I know I'll have to start weekly appointments eventually, but I just didn't see the point of going back again tomorrow when I was just in last week.  If I were having a growth scan I would go of course, but it works out that I was able to reschedule for next week.

Speaking of growth scans, I wonder when I will have one again, I'll have to ask.  My last one was at almost 27 weeks.  They said I'll have one every 4-6 weeks.  Tomorrow I'll be 32 weeks so it's been 5 weeks since I've had one, and I don't think they have me scheduled for one next week so I'll have to ask when my next one will be.  I'm very curious how big she is now.  Around 25 weeks I felt like I really popped and got bigger, but in the last few weeks I don't really feel like I've gotten much bigger and I haven't gained any weight.  Well, I sort of have.  Since my BFP I've been down 10 pounds....some weeks I flucuate up or down a pound, but I was pretty consistently 10 pounds down.  But now I am more like 3-6 pounds down, so I guess since about 20 weeks I've gained about 5 pounds, but still below my starting weight. 

I had a dream that she was 9 pounds already!  Holy moly, that would be bad.  Hopefully she's still on track.  At my 27 week scan she was in the 50th percentile, perfect!  Lately I've been planning all of the wonderful foods I plan to eat once Boo is here.  Like I said, I want to get back on this diet and lose weight and reduce my chances of type 2 diabetes in the future, but let's be real.  Once she's here, and I can get a break from the diet I've been on for the last 6 months, and since it will be diffcult at first to follow any sort of diet for at least the first few weeks while I am adjusting to motherhood, I plan to be a little less strict with what I eat.  I hope to not go hog wild, I'd be pretty pissed if I made it 9 months without gaining any weight, and then gained a bunch after she's here. 

So our first stop on the way home from the hospital will be McDonalds to get a Shamrock shake.  I love them and obviously cannot have one with GD.  I'm also thinking about packing a coupe cadbury eggs in my hospital bag.  I loooove cadbury eggs.  I'd like to have someone bring me Long John Silvers to the hospital for my first post partum meal, but I am not sure they'll let me.  My FIL went and got that for me when I could finally eat after Kayla was born, but I kind of get the feeling I was given the star treatment then that I won't be receiving this time.

I love my hospital and they were all great, but given what we just went through, we were pretty much allowed to do anything we wanted.  Visitors at 2am, no problem, 12 visitors at a time, no problem, greasy carby food brought in from the outside for a diabetic, no problem.  But I am guessing we'll have to actually follow hospital rules this time.  I know GD usually goes away after birth, but I doubt it's instantaneous and they'll probably want me to still eat relatively healthy.  So if I have to eat GD friendly from the cafeteria, that's not the end of the world as long as I can sneak my cadbury eggs when the nurses aren't around and look forward to my shake.

I also want to go to Mrs. Field's at some point and get a chocolate toffey brownie.  Last year after we lost Kayla, my friend sent a Mrs. Field's basket and that brownie was amongst the items.  It was the last thing to be eaten because I didn't think toffey sounded good, but oh boy was I mistaken.  It was one of my worst days home by myself on leave so I decided to give it a try.  I intended to save half for Ryan, but I just couldn't stop, I ate the whole thing.  Hands down, best brownie ever!

So we had a bit of a fiasco with Boo's dresser.  We hadn't bought it yet because I thought maybe one of the grandparents would want to buy it, but I was stalking my registry the other day and it caught my eye.  Since we registered for it, Amazon had been listing it for around $200.  But now suddenly there was no price, but it said it was available from 2 sellers, one of them being a book seller (WTF?) for $650 and another called online toys for $950!  What.the.hell.  All of the other colors still showed the Amazon price of $200 except Espresso.  I'm assuming that was their wonky way of saying it's out of stock, but why would a book seller be selling a baby dresser for 3 times the price is should be?

So I deleted it, I didn't want anyone trying to buy it for that price.  I spent hours trying to find it on other sites, which I did at several places, but they all either didn't even show Espresso as an option, or it was out of stock.  I finally found it at some online baby store, again out of stock, but it said to go ahead and order as it would be back in stock soon, so I went ahead and ordered it to make sure we'd get it.  I was a little nervous still, but I just got an email today saying it shipped and will be here Monday, yay!  Now my only worry is it seemed to get 50/50 good and bad reviews.  But, I originally picked it because the good reviews said don't listen to the negative ones, it's a good dresser and it wasn't that hard to put together.  I tent to believe those, because people in general are whiney and stupid, so I don't doubt that some of the bad ones were just from people that are dumb and don't know how to put furniture together.  I warned my husband of this but he's not worried.

Putting the crib together is on his Honey-Do list, so I hope he does that soon so he can work on the dresser when it comes.  I spent all weekend cleaning the last of the junk out of the nursery, vacuuming and shampooing the carpet.  So its looking better, but obviously all the stuff in there is just piled against the wall.  I can't wait until the furniture it set up and actually starts to look like a nursery!

1 comment: