Monday, December 30, 2013

Hospital Bag-28 wks 4 days

I'm still too superstitious to pack my bag.  Last time I packed it at just over 20 weeks (I am an insane planner and I love to make lists and cross things off as I accomplish them) and I ended up needing it a week and a half later.  So this time, I refuse to pack it any earlier than 34 weeks.  I feel like that is "safe", so to speak.  It's plenty of time just in case I were to go before my induction date, but it's not so insanely early that it would be very scary.  Ok, little tangent here....I think it's interesting how everything is relative. 

I am sure to anyone whose only had term babies, going into labor anytime before 37 weeks is scary as hell.  But when you've gone at 22 weeks, you have a different definition of very scary.  To me, while not ideal, 30 is doable, 34 is pretty good and 37 is wow, you made it so long.  I wish I didn't have to have that viewpoint....but Boo, are you listening?  You can go till your induction date, that would be fine by me.  I never used to think a scheduled birth sounded appealing, that just going into labor and ending up with whatever birthdate you get was the way to go.  Now let me clarify, I am not looking forward to pitocin, and if it wasn't medically necessary I wouldn't choose to be induced, but I have to say, it's kind of nice to be able to say, my last day of work is March 14th.  And my husband and I have that last weekend together and I'll hopefully feel up to a date night while we have the chance, and it sounds nice to just wake up, gather our things and go to the hospital on my scheduled day. 

We've already done "rush to the hospital in the middle of the night" thing, so I don't mind not doing it this time.  So anyway, back to the bag.  So I was feeling ok enough to write out the list yesterday of what I want to pack.  It's so funny how much shorter the list gets the second time around.  I thought I was doing good the first time because I nixed about half of what was on the hospital's list, but I think this time my list is about half the size of my first list.  And, the hospital really needs to update theirs, they still have "phone numbers and change for calling family" as one of the things to bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment