Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Will she be a St. Paddy's baby?-24 wks 5 days

I had a great appointment today, I got my favorite doctor.  The other one that I usually see is growing on me, but I still have my favorite, the one that delivered Kayla.  She's just so nice and comforting and down to earth.  The guy doctor that I don't like was like, don't cheat on Thanksgiving, don't cheat on Thanksgiving.  I get it, and I did very well, my numbers were great, but I cannot promise that Christmas will go as well.  My MIL puts out an amazing spread, and I just don't know if I will be able to avoid it all.

So I told my doctor that I did well on Thanksgiving, but a few days later wasn't great and she was like well, who doesn't cheat now and again?  She said I had a couple of elevated numbers but some fluctuation is normal, and it's probably diet related.  Plus I lost 2 pounds since my last appointment so she was very happy about that.  I forgot to weigh myself this past Friday at home, but as of the week before I am still down 7 pounds since I got pregnant.  I'm very proud of myself, I may make it the entire pregnancy without gaining any weight.

So she did a pelvic and said my cervix felt good and the stitch was relaxed.  For whatever reason the guy doctor didn't see the need to schedule me for an ultrasound today but she said she would like to get me back on the schedule of having an ultrasound and a pelvic every two weeks.  She also said they'll do a growth check ultrasound every 4 to 6 weeks, so I am happy to hear that I'll get to see Boo a few more times before she's born.

Speaking of, I found out today that since I am insulin dependent I will be induced in my 39th week, so the week of March 17th.  They induce Monday through Thursday so she said we can pick the day...it doesn't really matter to me except I would really like her to deliver Boo, so when she is on will basically be our deciding factor.  I am a little nervous since I've heard contractions get stronger faster, and are closer together with pitocin...but I've never had any desire to go med free, so hopefully I can get an epi once they are too bad and I'll be one of the lucky ones that responds well to induction.

Though I have to say, it does kind of make me happy that we'll know when everything is happening.  It made me a little nervous to think of just working till the end, not knowing when it will happen and have to determine when to go.  It won't be scheduled until closer to the time, but I can pretty much say my last day of work will be Friday March 14th, and we can enjoy the final weekend just the two of us and then go in hopefully relaxed and calm whichever day we schedule it for. 

It's kind of cool knowing Boo's birthday will be March 17th, 18th, 19th, or 20th (or 21st I suppose).  The only downfall is we will definitely not make the deadline so that I'll get paid for the entire 12 weeks off work, I'll only get paid for 6.  But we can afford for me to not get paid for the last 6, and the amount of time I get off is more important....getting paid for the whole time would be nice, but it's not the end of the world, and getting Boo here healthy and well is the most important thing. 

And the best thing of today, I felt what I am pretty sure was Boo having hiccups for the first time.  At first I thought they were kicks, but by the 3rd or 4th rhythmic "kick" I was like, it's hiccups!  They lasted for about 2-3 minutes, so I am pretty sure that's what they were.  I knew you could feel your baby have the hiccups, but I hadn't yet so I wasn't sure I would know it, but it was pretty obvious.  I immediately texted Ryan to tell him, and he was like how do you know that??  He didn't know you could feel their hiccups.  My mom said I used to get them all the time when she was pregnant with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment