Thursday, December 26, 2013

Third Trimester!- 28 wks

Another milestone, third tri.  It feels good, like I have crossed the finish line of second tri and I am in the home stretch, 28 weeks down, 12 to go!  I am sure it won't feel quite like it....so far my pregnancy has flown by, but since I am entering the uncomfortable stage, I'm thinking time might go a little more slowly, but we'll see.

Christmas was good...better than expected.  Dinner with my family on Christmas Eve was nice; my stepsister bought us a picture frame that we can put Boo's pictures in, one for each month of the first year.  I also got an Amazon gift card that I might use to buy something off our registry, but I'll wait till after my shower and see what's left.  Dinner with my inlaws last night was good too....my SIL and BIL got us a gift card to a cool restaurant near their house, so they suggested we go this summer when we can eat outside, and drop Boo off at their house on the way so they can watch her while we go to dinner.  I'm so thankful we have so much family that not only volunteers to babysit, but ones that we trust too, haha.  They are wonderful parents and I wouldn't hesitate to leave her with them from day one.

Now my brother on the other hand....jk, he'll be great with her when she's a little older and he can take her fun places, but I am not too sure he'll be comfortable watching her when she's tiny.  But then again, I doubt we'd have the need to leave her very often in the first 6-10 months.  But I would assume his fiancee would also be watching her, and she's got baby experience.  I just know my brother would be a worry wart and be afraid of breaking her when she's too little.

My MIL hangs all of our stockings on the mantle, and I'm not sure if I've ever noticed before that there is a tiny one....it could be the dog's, but it was next to mine so I have to wonder if it was for Kayla.  That makes me very happy if so; and it probably was since she also got us a little angel girl ornament with her name on it.

Ryan came up with a new plan for Kayla's stuffed bear.  We were going to keep it at home during the winter and put it back at our grave in the spring, but he suggested we get a new one each year.  So each fall/winter we'll "retire" the one that is out there, bring it home, wash it and keep it at home.  Boo will be allowed to play with them, but she'll have to know that they're Kayla's and cannot be taken outside and she'll have to be careful with them.  Then for Christmas, we'll buy Kayla the new one for the year, that way she can have something in her stocking.  I love this idea and I love that he came up with it.  I love that he thinks of ways to keep her memory alive and still do things for her.  Aside from a few differences earlier on, our grief has pretty much been on the same page and I am thankful for that.  Sometimes losses like these can tear a couple apart, and that makes me so sad because it's the time we really need each other, and no one else on this earth knows what I am going through like my husband does.

No comments:

Post a Comment