Saturday, January 26, 2013

3 hour glucose- 14 wks 1 day

I survived the test, and it actually wasn't bad at all.  Though that depended on a few things, so if I were to have to repeat it, it could very well go badly.  So I had to eat at least 150 carbs each day for the last three days.  Surprisingly that was not hard to do at all, even on the days I was eaitng pretty healthy, I met that minimum very easily, often before dinner.  Geeze, do I eat too many carbs or what?

I had to stop eating last night at 8:30; my husband had to work so I was excited to be able to order Pizza Hut.  I just went there the other day for a birthday party and they had these amazing boneless parmesan wings, but Ryan doesn't like Pizza Hut, so yay for it snowing and I got to get what I wanted.  They were so good....I ate a lot so I would make sure not to be too hungry past the cut off time, but I may have overdone it because I felt like crap for the rest of the night.  So being hungry wasn't an issue at all, but as soon as I hit the time that I couldn't eat after, I wanted a glass of milk sooooo bad.  I could drink water, but nothing else so of course I wanted what I couldn't have.

I went to bed pretty early since I had to get up early.  I was a little hungry when I got up, but not too bad.  I got to the lab at 8:30, they drew my blood and I had to drink that sugary drink.  The one for the one hour test was orange flavored and it honestly wasn't too bad, just like an extra sugary orange pop.  Not something I would choose to drink, but it wasn't horrible.  The one for this test was twice as sugary and it was lemon-lime flavor.  Yeah ok, if they say so.  It was sooooo sugary it was pretty disgusting.  It burned my tounge, it was pretty nasty.

So when I was done with that, they too me back to their breakroom to hunker down for the next three hours.  I came prepared with my Nook and Netflix on my phone, but I didn't even up using either one because there was another woman there for the test and we ended up chatting the whole time.  She was really nice, it's her first child as well, she is quite a bit younger than me and hers was a surprise.   It was awesome having someone to talk to, we chatted about crazy pregnancy symptoms and how scared we are to give birth.  So every hour we had to get our blood drawn again...that gets a little ouchy to have blood drawn from the same arm four times in one day.  The time really flew by with having her to talk to.  She lived close by so we exchanged numbers so we can keep in touch, it's really funny how you end up meeting people.

So after the test I got McDonalds on the way home, but honestly I was still only just a little hungry.  So I am pleasently surprised how well it went.  I expected to be bored out of my mind and dying from hunger pains.

My inlaws came over today.  My FIL stayed here and watched TV (MH was sleeping since he worked last night, but they hung out together once he woke up) and my MIL and I went to get a pedicure.  When we got back from that we tackled the nursery.  For the last four years it has been our junk room and catch all.  "What do we do with this"?  "I don't know, throw it in the junk room".  So we threw out some stuff, found a home for other stuff.  I still have a little more to do like moving some clothes from that closet to another closet, moving books and photo albums to another bookshelf, etc.  But we made great progress.  The fact that you can now walk in there without falling on something and breaking a limb is huge.

My brother is taking the mattress and dresser that we have in there, hopefully next weekend.  Once those are gone, I can vacuum and shampoo the carpet, then MH and and his dad can start working in there.  With more room in there now, I was trying to picture it with baby furniture in there; it's not a huge room but I think it's going to be an adorable nursery when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment