Monday, January 14, 2013

NT Scan- 12 wks 3 days

Our NT scan went great today, I am glad we did it.  We still have to wait about a week of course for the blood results to give us our odds of the trisomy disorders, but on the scan the fold measures 1.5, and the tech said anything under 3.0 was considered a good measurement.  Before the ultrasound I stopped at the lab to do my 1 hour glucose test and they gave me this sugary drink.  It wasn't half bad....so half an hour later when we did the ultrasound, the baby wouldn't stop wiggling around.  He kept flipping and turning, he was high on sugar!

A couple times the tech had to thump me with the ultrasound wand to get the baby to cooperate.  I could see the baby on the screen behind her, and Ryan was watching the screen she could see and he was like was it just sucking it's thumb?  She said no, but it did wave hello :)  So the scan didn't take long at all because she was able to get the measurements she needed quickly.  She said it can take up to an hour depending on how uncooperative the baby is being.  So it's good to know he or she isn't THAT stubborn.  It was so cool to be able to actually see the baby's shape and see it moving all around like that.

So after that I met with another of the 4 doctors I will be rotating between, this is the one that delivered my best friend's son.  I really liked her, she's very nice.  I like her waaaay better than the last one I met with. So hopefully once I have met them all, I can schedule most of my appointments with this one and I am praying she is the one that delivers baby B.

This past weekend my brother and I went up north, my dad was already there.  It was a short weekend but it was fun.  We got there around 1 on Saturday, we hung out with my dad for a bit and since my dad is old and needed a nap, I decided to lay down on the couch and nap as well.  Then we got ready to go to dinner and stopped to see my grandma on the way.  So when we came in I gave her a hug and told her she has another great-grandkid on the way.  She smiled and said oh?  Dad told her it will be sometime at the end of July and she said well as long as it's not November.  I guess there are a lot of November birthdays.  Ha, so that is actually a good response from my grandma.  She's isn't a hooping and hollering kinda lady, but I think she's happy for us.

I just wish my other grandma was here to tell.  I know she would have had a great reaction, the same with my grandpa.  They would have been so overjoyed to have another grandkid.  But it makes me feel better to think that they are whooping it up in Heaven with my mom.

After dinner we stopped at my uncle's house.  My dad always hangs with him when he is there, "shooting the shit" as they say.  So we were there for a few minutes and my dad says, so I'm going to be a grandpa!  I like letting my dad spread some of the news, because afterall, being a first time (or anytime) grandpa is a big deal.  And to my knowledge he hasn't told anyone prior to that because he was nervous about telling too soon.  So my uncle looks back and forth from me and my brother and I was like it's me.  He seemed pretty excited, which is funny because I am not close to him at all, but I think any good news is really exciting to him now.  About a month before my wedding he fell out of his tree blind and became paralyzed from the waist down.  He still gets around pretty good, still hunts with the help of friends and family and goes out riding in his 4 wheeler.  But there is no denying his life has changed dramatically and it must be awful not to get to do the things you used to it.  So I would imagine any kind of good news and something to look forward to is exciting for him.

Plus despite a pretty big age gap, he and my dad are very close so I am sure he is thrilled for my dad.  So he said when the kid is born, bring him by and he'll take him for a ride in his wheelchair, lol.  He also told me not to name it anything stupid, and to hold off until his birthday on August 27th.  Ha, I know there is a good chance I'll go into August, but I think the 27th is a bit out of the possibility.  Besides my cousin's daughter was born on his birthday, so he's already got one.  Her name is Laura but he calls his Edna (his name is Ed, lol).

The next morning we had breakfast with my grandma, and my uncle John, Aunt Kathy and my cousin Shawn, so my dad told all of them.  It's so much fun to tell people, especially now that I am further along and feel better about things.

Today after the ultrasound I told a few friends at work, so between telling and the word spreading, a lot of people know.  We also went public on facebook.  It's so much fun to get all of the congratulations and well wishes.  I am not a huge fan of attention, but it really is fun to bask in it for a little bit.  So my doctor changed my due date to July 26th.  I liked the 29th since it is the 6th anniversary of the day Ryan and I met, but of course a due date deosn't mean much, the kid could still be born on the 29th....or July 20, or August 5th, who knows.  So that means instead of 11 weeks 6 days, I am now 12 weeks 3 days.  That's so weird to go from being 11 weeks and change to being 13 weeks this Friday.  I'll have to update my book when I get home.  Today was such a great day, all Mondays should be exciting like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment