Friday, January 18, 2013

Second Tri!!!!- 13 wks

I am officially in the second trimester, 13 weeks today!  It's a good feeling.  My pgal brain comes and goes, but it's definitely going more often than it's coming.

Next Saturday I have to go for a three hour glucose test.  Ugh.  So on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I have to eat 150 carbs or more each day.  The nurse said to eat a fast food meal each day, but I think I'll just try to eat like normal and just add to it if I need more carbs, since I am trying to eat better.  I forsee three days of fast food putting me on a bad track again.  Then Friday night I can't eat or drink anything except water from 8:30pm and on since my appt is at 8:30 am on Saturday.

So when I get to the lab, I have to drink this sugary drink, and I think get bloodwork done then, then wait an hour and more bloodwork, and so on for three + hours.  The worst part is I have to stay there the entire time.  Well, I don't know if it is worse, it's about 10-15 minutes to and from the lab, so if I went home I could only be home for half an hour and then go back again three times.  That would suck more I think.

So I'll take my Nook, and I have netflix on my phone so I can watch TV.  I don't think the time will be so bad since there will be like a countdown, I'll have to get up and get my blood drawn each hour so it's not like I will be sitting there waiting for that three hours to pass.  But I am worried about the hunger.  Since I'll have to stop eating at 8:30 the night before, I likely won't get to eat anything again until about noon that day.  I am thinking I'll be hitting a drive thru on the way home.

So my effort to be healthier has begun.  I worked out last night, I did the prenatal video that I just bought.  I liked it, it wasn't horribly hard to do or anything but man am I sore today, so it was definitely working some muscles.  I plan to work out every other day, so my next day to work out is tomorrow so I will either walk on the treadmill, or I'll go to the gym and do the treadmill and the bike.  I can't do my bike at home right now, it's a spin bike....even on no resistance, the weight of the wheel is too much for me now.  Even when I wasn't pregnant that thing killed me and I could only do about 5-10 minutes, but I am not even going to attempt it now.

I'm also back to using weight watchers.  I have it set to lose weight, since the doctor said even losing right now would be ok for me.  I just can't keep gaining at this speed.  Last week the scale said I gained 3....knowing what I know about weight gain, I figured it was mostly water weight from eating bad, but couldn't possibly all be fat.  Well, this week the scale says I gained ANOTHER 3 pounds.  What!!!?  I know I haven't been eating well, but I've never packed on weight this quickly.  And the baby only weighs about 2 ounces so it isn't from that, even taking into consideration fluid and the placenta.....um yeah, it ain't all from being pregnant.  So whatever it is from, there is no reason I can't work out for 40 minutes every other day. 

In addition to not gaining too much weight, I will just feel better.  They say women who have worked out steadily through out their pregnancy have an easier time with delivery and with post partum, so I need to do this.  And I definitely need to eat better, baby doesn't need pizza and burgers, baby needs fruit and veggies.

However that being said, since Fridays are my cheat day, I enjoyed some Taco Bell today.  Yesterday and today I kept craving bean dip, like the 7 layer kind that people bring to parties.  So I checked Taco Bell and discovered the 7 layer burrito.  Mmm, it was good.  A bean dip with some tortilla chips would have been better, but since I wasn't about to go home and make one just for myself, the burrito did just fine.  But I am still logging everything for today so I know how many of my weekly points I still have available.

No comments:

Post a Comment