Sunday, January 6, 2013

Feeling better- 10 wks 6 days

So I haven't had any spotting since the day after I went to the doctor.  It was very mininal, it was just a small small amount on the pad but it was kind of pinkish brown and there was a little colored cm looking stuff when I wiped, but I think that was just the blood that she could see left over on the cervix.

I can feel my paranoia lessening a little bit, which is wonderful.  I hate being so scared all the time.  Speaking of being scared, my husband and I had agreed not to do the NT scan because we didn't want the extra worry of possibly finding out our baby had an increased risk for downs...we just didn't see the point of a test that would make you worry, but not actually provide much information as to whether or not he or she does have it.  But since the spotting, I just really want to make sure everything is ok with the baby so I want to have it now.

I was nervous to bring it up to him because we both felt pretty strongly against having it.  In fact if I hadn't had the spotting I still wouldn't want to have it.  So finally I told him tonight that I still want to have it since the spotting and he just nodded and said ok.  Ha, I have no idea why I was worried, it was no big deal.  In fact he is going to go with me as long as he doesn't have to work.  And his face lit up and said, will we get pictures?

So we went to my grandparents house today and got a few more things that we wanted to get.  My aunt and uncle were there to help us and they were telling us everything they've done in the house in the last few months.  So they sounded really tired and kind of beat down, it's just been a lot of work for them since they go there pretty much everyday to pack stuff up.  So I was like do you want to hear some good news?  I'm pregnant!  My aunt screeched and started jumping up and down and clapping.  It's so much fun to have tell people who react like that.  So she gave me a hug and she was still jumping and she was like oh sorry cause she was like shaking me all over the place.

She was like oh this is so exciting, I'm so happy for you guys.  I've had my ups and downs with that aunt and uncle over the years, not like fighting with them but just my opinions of them and things I didn't agree with, and especially some of the things they did surrounding my grandparents funerals.  But it was really good to see them today and it was so much fun to tell them.  I know they were genuinely happy for us and I was glad I could tell them something that brightened their day a little.  She was like oh I can't wait to tell Lynn and Rob (my cousins).  We were there for a couple of hours and she kept telling me to get off my feet, and come in from the cold, it was pretty funny.  I am only almost 11 weeks, not about to pop.

My uncle found a little wicker rocking chair that was my mom's when she was little, so I took it.  It will go perfect in the nursery.  It's pretty old and dusty, but I think if I blow off the dust with the air compressor and maybe touch it up with some spray stain it should look really nice.  And I plan on having dark brown furniture in the nursery so it should match pretty good since it's brown wicker.  I love having something of my mom's to incorporate in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment