Monday, January 21, 2013

Up and down- 13 wks 3 days

Pregnancy truly is a rollercoast of emotions, good and bad.  I was so content on Friday, hitting second tri and thinking my pgal brain had reduced drastically.  So my husband I went out to dinner Friday night and I felt a little weird when we got home, so I went to the bathroom and sure enough, blood.  I only had on a pantyliner so it went through my jeans as well.  Aside from the panic of seeing blood, thank God it's never happaned at work so far.  I would definitely go home.

So I somehow managed to stay fairly calm, I mean blood during pregnancy is never a welcomed sight, but being the third freaking time I've experienced it, it gets a little easier to swallow.  Plus my husband is very good at calming me down, he was like this has happened before and everything has been fine, so just stay calm and don't worry about it. 

So I went and laid down on the couch, aside from that first small gush of bright red, I had another small amount and then after that just light pink when I wiped.  Aside from a few drops of light pink, that was it, nothing more after that.  On Sunday I had a little brown spotting and some when I wiped, but that was just old stuff coming out.  I think I would have been able to stay very calm this time had it not been for my cramps.  Every time I spot I cramp a little, but this time my cramps were much more pronounced, so that was really freaking me out.  I was afraid the cramps were a sign that I was going to start gushing blood at any moment.

So I went to bed somewhat early but there were really high winds that night, like crazy strong, it sounded like the house was going to blow over.  So the erieness of the winds and the spotting just kind of freaked me out, like it was an omen or something.  I also fell asleep and had a dream that I started bleeding more, but thankfully that didn't happen.

So on Saturday when the cramps were completely gone, I was feeling a lot better, but we went ahead and ordered a home doppler anyway.  I hope it was a good purchase, it got good reviews and it was only $30.  But I have a hard time distinguishing the baby's heartbeat from my own, but Ryan seems to think he is good at it so hopefully he can help point it out.  I wasn't going to get one because I was worried that if I couldn't find it, it would freak me out even more.  But on nights like Friday night, it would be really nice to get some instant reassurance.

So since the doctor said I could come in whenever to hear the heartbeat, I decided to take them up on it.  Unfortunately though I couldn't go in until today since they are closed on the weekends.  But it worked out well since I was off today for MLK, so I didn't have to take time off work.  Ryan was going to go but he got called in to work this moring...I would have really liked for him to be able to go, but it turns out he didn't miss much.  I was only there for like 5 minutes....it only took her about 10-15 seconds to find the heartbeat but it's amazing how quickly the bad thoughts started flying through my mind, thinking she wasn't going to find it.

So it was a productive visit to the hospital, got amazing reassurance that my baby is ok, I dropped off my "pee jug" that I had intended on taking in today anyway, but since I had to go to the hospital I just took it to that lab instead, and I bought more parking passes.  Those are an amazing deal, I got 20 parking passes for $25, whereas full price for those would have been $60.  The last time I bought 10 but with all the appointments, we burned through them pretty fast, espeically considered how when Ryan goes, we quite often have to drive seperate so I can go to work right after, so we have to use two parking passes just for that.

So on the way home I picked up Olga's for lunch, and then took an amazingly long nap with my kitty.  So it turned out to be a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment