Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Buying stuff- 13 wks 5 days

Geeze, I've gone all this time of not buying anything, and now just in the last three days I've bought three things.  Not necessarily FOR the baby, but baby related stuff.  The first purchase was a home doppler, it came yesterday and so far I really like it.  Sometimes the heartbeat is hard to hear, but once you find it, it's really cool.  And it was fairly inexpensive, $30....I thought we would have to pay at least $60 to get anything decent.

My next purchase was my snoggle....I'm so excited for that, I hope it helps me sleep better.  I am mostly a tummy sleeper, and even though I am not showing yet, it feels weird to sleep on my tummy.  And my back isn't hurting per se, but it's very knotty lately so anytime I change positions in the middle of the night, it wake me up because it's hard to move around.  I got the mini snoogle since I am short, plus it will hopefully leave more room for my husband, lol.

Then today we ordered a heartbeat bear.  It's very cool, I was thinking about getting it, but my husband really wanted it.  They have all different animals, but we went with a chocolate brown bear, which should go well with whatever nursery decor we end up with.  In its back is a velcro compartment with a recording device so we can record the baby's heartbeat.  You can take it with you to a doctor appointment and record, but we'll probably use our home doppler since you can record with it.

We'll definitely save the baby's heartbeat on the computer, but I think once he or she is here, we'll use the bear to record my heartbeat.  I am pretty sure I read once that it is soothing for a newborn to hear the mother's heartbeat still, so maybe on nights when he's extra fussy, the "bear's" heartbeat will help him sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment