Monday, January 28, 2013

Results- 14 wks 3 days

Well, I didn't do so well on the glucose test.  The nurse wants me to come in to see a dietician.  This is going to sound dumb, but I kind of feel like it will be a waste of time.  Not that I am not going to really try to commit to eating better, but I already know what I should be doing, the problem so far is that I just haven't been doing it.  The only way I think I will benefit is maybe some dinner ideas....aside from chicken all the time, I am kind of at a loss for what to make for dinners.

So it's my own fault that I am in this situation.  I had two years to lose the weight I gained before the wedding, hell in that time I could have lost everything I gained back.  I get mad whenever I hear of these stupid fad diets.  Their always like, eat whatever you want and just shake this crap on your food, it will instantly blast fat so you can be high school skinny.  Oh shut up, all you need to do it eat well, and move your ass, but somehow I can't seem to take my own advice.

I have done well this last week though, and I lost almost a pound.  So I guess for a while I need to stick with the lunch I have been having becaue it is only 9 points and I stay pretty full.  For breakfast I have frosted mini wheats and a glass of milk and an orange, and that really keeps me full until lunch, then I have either tuna or chicken salad sandwhich, a little applesauce cup and a diced peaches cup in light syrup, then around 3 I have a piece of fruit and some cheese so the protein will help me stay full.  That's been working for me, so I'll just stick with that until I get sick of it.

I really need to start walking again.  I am not too sure about the workout video, I spotted the next day after I did it, so I am nervous.  But walking should be fine, and walking for 40 minutes while watching Friends on TV should be a piece of cake.  I just need better motivation, I have to remember this isn't just about me anymore.  The junk that I eat, my baby eats.  I just have to picture my baby mowing on a greasy, fattening chicken sandwhich from Burger King, hopefully that will help me make better choices.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to follow your blog but I don't see a "join" button! I am a fellow July 2013 momma (due July 9th) and I really enjoy reading this so far. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad you like it. I checked all over and couldn't find any follow button either, but I do have two followers (had a third, I must have gotten boring :) so it is possible. I found this link, maybe it will help.

      http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99761

      Delete