Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Second Ultrasound- 8 wks 1 day

The ultrasound went great, eveything is fine and I am still measuring at 8 weeks on the nose.  The baby looks huge compared to last time.  If you turn the picture upside down it kind of looks like a rubber duckie with a rider on it, lol.  Last time the yolk sac was so much bigger than baby but this time baby B dwarfs it. 

Ryan went with me, which helped a lot, I know I would have been super nervous had he not been there.  The tech paused for like 5 seconds before saying she saw a fetus and a heartbeat so of course I freaked for that whole five seconds, wondering if she was seeing something wrong.  But everythng is fine and she didn't see any bleeding either.

When I was done she congratulated me and gave me a hug :)

After that we met with the doctor and I got a lecture for overdoing it on Saturday and spotting.  I really didn't think walking and doing a few loads of laundry was overdoing it, but I guess in early pregnancy when you have a history of loss it's really important to rest.  I'll have to really take it easy this week in cleaning the house for Christmas eve, I'll have to just do a little at a time.

So the doctor answered some of my questions....I told her it's tapering off but last week I was so hungry I wanted to eat a whole cow.  I said I was trying hard to eat healthy but it's hard when you're that hungry.  She just smiled and said welcome to pregnancy, so I guess maybe it's not as big of a deal to eat poorly if I am really that hungry.  It sounds like it's normal.

So she talked about how this was our last appointment, but she suggested I see a high risk doctor instead of my regular OB's office.  Since I am at a risk for developing gestational diabetes she says it's a good idea that I just see them so we can keep on top of it.  The office is in the hospital as well, just three floors up from my RE, so when I left there I went upstairs and made my appt with them, I go this Friday to meet with the nurse.  I have to remember to call my OB and cancel my appointments made with them.  I am a little sad just since I am familiar with my gyn's office but I would have had to get a new OB anyway since my gyn doesn't deliver babies anymore.  And it is easier to get to work from the hospital than my gyn's office. 

Whew, now I can relax some....I hope I like my new OB.  There are four doctors in that office, two women and two men.  I would definitely feel more comfortable with one of the women.  Both women have a short video on their bio so I'll watch it when I get home, maybe that will help me decide between the two of them, however likely I'll meet with all four in case my doctor isn't available on the day baby B decideds to come into the world. 

I'll post a pic when I get home  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment