Friday, December 28, 2012

Nerves- 9 wks 4 days

I have one nerve left and this guy in the cube across the aisle is totally getting on it.  He taps his foot all.day.long.  When he isn't tapping his foot, he his kicking his cubicle wall, when he's not doing that, he talks non-stop.  Him and the guy behind him talk music all friggin' day long.  Ok I get it, they like music, they like classic (read, old guy) rock n' roll....but how can you seriously talk about it all day everyday?

It's all I can do to not just scream, will you stop making fucking noise!?  But that doesn't even bother me as much as the fact that NO ONE else seems bothered by it.  Even when he's kicking the wall and it's making a reverberating noise.  I've even tried pointing it out to people and they still don't hear it if they're not paying attention.  This bothered me long before I was pregnant too, but now it's driving me absolutely insane.  I have daydreams of clobbering him over the head with one of those big clubs like in cartoons. 

We're changing our seats around soon, for the 8th damn time in 5 years...I'll be a little further away from him, but then I'll be back in line, and ear shot of the most awful woman on earth.  Honestly I think I would take foot tapper over her.  She's loud, obnoxious, and has horrible grammar ("I seen it", and "I took a pitcher" (picture)).    Not to mention she loves to just hear herself talk all day, makes fun of people constantly and talks in different voices to impersonate people.  I thought I had died and gone to Heaven when I was moved here, there is enough cubes and a big pillar in the way that I can block out her voice, but in my new seat I am sure she will come in loud and clear.  I only got to enjoy this peace for a few short months.  I am not cut out to work in a cube farm, I need my own sound proof office where I can't hear a damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment