Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bored!-22 wks 6 days

I am so bored.  I just technically got off lunch, but I've actually been on lunch all day.  I seriously have not had one single thing to do since I got here.  We're out of funds to balance, everything is up to date, and the only other small amount of work I have to do is delayed, the reports haven't come in yet.  I'm sitting here reallty struggling to stay awake, and failing most of the time.

It's nice to have a light day now and again, but the day is dragging by so slow today.  Thank goodness I can read my Nook online, but reading makes me sleepy.  But I got some good news when I came in today.  One of the higher ups sent out an email giving everyone the choice of one of four days to take off as an appreciation day and it won't count against our vacation time.  I've been here for over 8 years and they've never done this before.

My options are kind of limited because my counterpart is already off two of the days, so I chose Black Friday, so now I get a four day weekend for Thanksgiving!  My other option was New Year's eve, which I probably should have taken.  Black Friday is an early market release day, so we can leave at 2 once the market closes at 1.  But so many people have to stay all day in case any work comes in, so for those that work, they get to leave at 2 some other day.  I was going to work the whole day so I could use those three hours for a day when I have an appt so I could save some sick time.

But honestly, that would only put me ahead three hours, I won't be able to bank enough sick time for an extra day off should I need to call in.  So more than likely I would be tempted to use those three hours to go home early some day or something.  I tend to have a harder time going to work when I have time to use.  Besides, next month I'll earn more vacation time so if need be I'll have that.  And a four day weekend sounded really really good.  I also have a late doctor appointment next Tuesday so I won't get in until 11:30 or 12, so I barely work next week.  I'm so excited!

I also came up with a plan to clean the jumperoo...since I can't get the parts off to wash it, I'm going to put it in the bed of the pick up and go to one of those self car washes and blast it.  That out to get into all the little nooks and crannys as well as clean all of the fabric parts.  I'm so smart sometimes I can't stand it. 

I felt huge last night, and then when I went to bed I laid on my side and I felt like my belly was hanging, and I couldn't get comfortable.  I don't always use my snoogle since it can be cumbersome but I got it last night and wow, instant comfort.  I think once I snuggled up in there I was asleep within minutes.  It's seriously a lifesaver.  I cannot even fathom how huge I'm going to get as we get near 9 months if I already feel huge now.

I had a strange thought last night.  Now granted my first pregnancy only lasted a few days, but nonetheless this is my third pregnancy.  Pregnant I am used to, in fact I'm starting to feel like I've been pregnant my whole life.  And even though bringing our baby home has been what we have wanted for a long time now, sometimes I still have that panicked fleeting thought of....holy shit, we're going to have a kid!  I mean, sometimes I get so focused on this pregnancy and worrying about whether or not we'll make it that sometimes I forget that if all goes well, we'll actually end up with a child in the end and she'll be ours forever.  Sheesh, that's a little scary.  I'm sure all new moms go through this, but sometimes I am utterly terrified that I won't have the first clue what to do. 

1 comment:

  1. It is scary. By the time we brought G.T. home, I had been pregnant for over a year and it still seemed so surreal that we made it. It's totally worth it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete