Friday, November 8, 2013

Monkeys! 21 wks 1 day

My dad and my aunt are coming over to wire our outdoor electrical boxes tomorrow.  I'm excited, 4.5 years in the house and we can finally do nice outdoor lights.  We've done them in years past, but plugging them in has always been a challenge.  Plus with our new landscape, I'll have more things to drape lights on.

I guess my aunt will get to hear our news a week before everyone else since she'll be seeing me tomorrow.  I'm sure if I don't say anything she won't either, but I am sure it's rather obvious now that I am pregnant.  I doubt she'd go scream it from the rooftops, and it's only a week early so it's not a big deal. 

I was thinking today how I was angry that not many people in my family have said anything about Kayla since our loss....but I think I was just looking for people to dump my anger on.  My Aunt Janet came straight to the hospital as soon as she heard, and she, my Aunt Mary (the one I'll see tomorrow) and Aunt Vicki all came to the funeral home...they're the only local ones, I didn't expect anyone to take off work and drive 4 hours to come.  They all got together and sent a card with money....I got a little teary thinking about it today.  They care, I know they do.  Not saying anything can hurt, but honestly if I weren't in this situation, I am not sure I would know that I should say something to the parents at a later date either.  I really do have an amazing family.

I have to have a fetal echo done on Tuesday....they didn't see anything wrong at the a/s, but it's standard for people who were diagnosed early with GD.  I was a little worried they did see something but weren't telling me, but I did some googling and it does seem to be common to GD moms to have it done.  I invited my dad's girlfriend, but she's got to work.  I don't mind going alone at all, but I thought she'd like to come and see Boo, which I know she does but can't get out of work.  That stinks....maybe I'll ask my MIL to come.  We were going to invite her to the elective 3D/4D one we're doing in January, but at the same time I'd kind of like it to be just Ryan and I.  Since Ryan can't come to this one next week, it was a good time to invite someone else.  We'll see.

I need to get going on Boo's room.  It's painted and everything, but it's an open empty room, so junk that we don't know what to do with has crept it's way in.  I need to put all of the clothes I have in the closet, and we need to put together the glider rocker and install the ceiling fan.  I'm kind of stuck at home tomorrow while my dad and aunt are over, so maybe I'll work on the glider.  I can't wait until we have a crib all set up, that will be surreal.

We've finally agreed on a theme.  I wanted owls, I think they're so adorable, but Ryan doesn't like them.  So then after seeing the shark exhibit in Vegas, we decided on under the sea.  The gift shop had this adorable pink jelly fish that we bought, and I thought the rest of the animals/pictures could be found online.  But no such luck, and then Ryan and I couldn't agree on real vs cartoony.  I wanted to do like pink and grey animals (grey dolphins and sharks, pink fish and octopus) but he deosn't like the cartoony stuff, he wanted real looking things. 

So we scraped that idea and decided on monkeys.  I didn't want them at first because the colors are going to be pink and grey, and most monkey sets have pink and brown.  But I found one that is mostly pink, with just the brown monkeys.  Our furniture will be dark brown, so it should go nicely.  I am not sure why he is ok with cartoony monkeys, but I am just glad to have decided on a theme. 

1 comment: