Saturday, November 9, 2013

One down, several to go-21 wks 2 days

Ryan and I put together our first piece of furniture today, the glider rocker.  It was so easy, the base was already together as was the foot stool, so all we had to do was attach the back, the arms and all of the cushions.  It's too bad the rest of the furniture will not be as easy.  The chair is ridiculously comfortable.  I ran errands today and bought Boo her first book, and since we decided on monkeys I couldn't pass up the super soft monkey holding a blankie.

So when I got home I "rocked her" and read her the book.  I got her Love you Forever.  I read a couple of months ago that the lines "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" was actually inspired by the author's two stillborn children.  So I thought it was the perfect first book, and as I sat there reading, I was actually reading to both of my girls.

Here is a pic of the rocker and the monkey blankie.  

Don't mind the dirty carpet, once we get all the junk out of the room, I need to vacuum and shampoo the carpet.  I think maybe we'll buy the crib soon....that will be sooo weird to have a crib in the house.
 So I told my aunt our news today, she was really happy for us.  I'm excited to get past our milestone next weekend and be able to tell the rest of the world.

Edit:  And of course, it's only been together for less than 12 hours and one of my four legged babies has already discovered what a wonderful napping chair it is.  I said I would kick the cats out of anything baby related, but he just looked so snuggly I couldn't do it.  Now the crib is a different story, there will be no cats in the crib.  I already have a fear of Vinny trying to snuggle Boo and sitting on her face.  




No comments:

Post a Comment