Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Home- 20 wks 5 days

We're home!  Vegas was great, we had an awesome time.  We saw some shows, Boys II Men and Gallagher, saw some exhibits, the shark exhibit, Titanic and Bodies, ate some good food, gambled a little.  I was worried about being diabetic in Vegas, but for the most part I did great.  On the meals I did go over, we walked so much this weekend that my bloodsugar was still great.  I had just a couple bad readings, but I think all things considering I did very well.

We didn't win much, I think between what we won and lost, we netted about 20 bucks, haha, but it was fun when we won.  I wanted Ryan to bet on black 24 (Kayla's birthdate) at roulette, but as we were standing there watching, getting a feel for the game, black 24 hit twice in a row!  We did way more walking than I thought we would, so I was pretty tired by the time we got back to our room each night.  It was pretty funny seeing all the young girls all dressed up to go out and party and drink, and here I am, happy as can be going back to our room at 10:30, ordering room service and watching a documentary on killer whales in captivity.  My how things change over the years. 

Our trip home was a little hairy, we got delayed by a lot, and being pregnant and cranky and my feet were swollen was not fun.  I am still well within the safe zone for flying, but it was very uncomfortable and I will never do it again.  I worried a little that I walked too much and that my cervix might have shortened, but I had an ultrasound today.  It was 4.2cm.....last time it was 5.0, before that it was 4.4....so while it did shorten some, the tech said it's normal to flucuate, so the numbers aren't as important as the fact that I am over 3cm.  So basically anything over 3cm is good, no matter if it's a little shorter than last time.  And I am pretty confident that the walking shortened it a bit, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little longer in two weeks.

I'm very irritated, I realized tonight I am getting low on syringes and my insulin supplies are filled through the hospital pharmacy.  I have an appt again in a week, but I don't have enough to make it till then, so I have to go back in a couple days to get my rx.  Arg, I was just there!

After the vaginal u/s she did a quick abdominal so I could see Boo and gave me a couple of pictures.  I bought a "baby's first 5 years" album the other day so I think I'll go start filling it out.

When we first got pregnant with Kayla, I was excited for her first Christmas this year and wanted to get real stockings (ie not the dollar store) with everyone's names embroidered on theirs.  I am too superstitious to do one for Boo for this year, but then I thought, why not still get one for Kayla?  Is that weird?  I mean, she's still our daughter, it makes me sad to think of one day having a couple kids stockings hanging and not include her....but I'm not sure if we should get one for her.  I know it's our house and our decision, but does anyone have any thoughts?  I mean, I don't think I would be comfortable doing something like say, signing her name in Christmas cards or something, but I'm on the fence about including her in things like family stockings.  Anyone else do anything like that?

3 comments:

  1. It's not weird. Last year, we bought a stocking for William and hung it with ours. This year, it will be up there right next to G.T.'s. William is our son, just as Kayla is your daughter. However you want to honor and remember her is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Do you have just a regular one for William? I tried googling for special angel baby ones, but didn't come up with much. I'll probably just get her a regular one, and I need to stop worrying if others will think it's weird.

      Delete
    2. We got one to match ours, but in white instead of red or green. We also went ahead and bought all of them (two for us and two for the take-home kids we hope to have) so there are two green and two red and then William's white one.

      Delete