Friday, November 16, 2012

Betas-3 wks 4 days

I got the results from my first betas today, 54!  The nurse said for this early on, it's pretty good.  I'd say it's probably better than pretty good seeing as how they seem to think I am 13DPO rather than 11.  So since I am not as far along as they think, I'm even more excited.  My progesterone is 12.7 and she said anything over 10 is considered good.

Nonetheless, my doctor wants me to start progesterone suppositories since I have a history of loss.  I love that she is being so proactive.  So I go back on Tuesday for my second beta.  I know I am going to be a nervous wreck all day waiting for that phone call to hear if they have doubled like they should.  I feel good about this though, it's different from last time.  Sure I still get nervous when I have a bad cramp, or when I go to the bathroom, bracing myself to see blood.  But I don't feel nearly as neurotic this time.  I think it would be impossible to erase all fear and uncertainty.

This nurse was really nice though, unlike nurse dumb dumb.  She went over all of the things I should be doing and should not be doing.  She said I can take tylenol for any pain, and that it's common to have cramping as though my period is about to start.  When she said that I wanted to jump through the phone and hug her.  In the last two days I've heard from several women that they had AF-like cramps for anywhere from 5 to 9 weeks and it's perfectly normal.  This of course makes me feel so much better, but to hear it from a nurse really drives it home.

I guess it's just my uterus stretching and thickening.  More than likely there was no correlation between my cramping last time and the MC.  Or maybe there was, but cramping can also exist absolutely independent of there being anything wrong.  Nevertheless, I will be happy when they subside.  Or at least stop being bad enough to make me run to the bathroom and pray.  I don't mind how they feel right now...just kind of a heavy, dull ache feeling.  But it's the more intense, localized cramp that scares the hell out of me.

So the fatigue has really been setting in.  It's such a different kind than I have ever felt before.  It's like when it hits me, I am in a medicine induced fog, the kind of sleepy you feel after you've just taken a good painkiller and you drift off into a relaxing sleep.  That would be great if it wasn't happening at work.  When I got home from work, I was checking facebook and trying to decide what I wanted for dinner.  I closed my eyes for two seconds and the next thing I knew it was half an hour later.

Last night I had a wave of nausea.  That one confused me though, I'd say it's way too early to seriously be experiencing morning sickness.  But it was different from my usual acid reflux nausea.  Eh, oh well.  If it was it was.  I am dying for Sunday to get here so I can tell my best friend the news.  She's the only one I know for sure when I am telling her.  Everyone else it depends on when we'll be able to see them and work it out to tell them.  There is no way I could wait much longer, I keep almost blowing it every time I talk to someone.  Ok, getting tired again, time to go lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment