Friday, July 5, 2013

Beta #1-3wks 2 days

First betas are 30, which for 9DPO I think are pretty good.  Last time my betas were 54 on 11DPO so already I think they are a little on the high side.  Though my next draw on Tuesday will be the important one to make sure they double properly.  The nurse freaked me out a little bit though; she left a voicemail saying they could be a little low depending on when I ovulated.  I know they need a starting point to assume from, but I wish they would just get it out of their heads that a woman likely Od on CD14.  Yeah, of course 30 would be quite low if I was actually 15DPO. 

I got new insurance a few months ago, and the Crinone is actually covered this time so I can take that instead of the progesterone suppositories.  Well, I do have a $40 copay, but in order to hopefully not feel like I am on my period all the time with those messy suppositories, I will gladly pay the $40.  I don't mind the mess...while it's not fun, that doesn't concern me.  But when you're already cramping, and then you feel stuff oozing out of you all day long, it's really hard to not run to the bathroom every two seconds convinced that you're bleeding.  Plus it will be nice to be able to go down the street to Target to get a refill instead of going to the hospital pharmacy for the suppositories since those aren't carried in stores.

I am sure the Crinone might still be a little messy, but I don't think they'll be as bad.  Last night I had the lightest pink on the TP.  It was so light I actually had to really look at it to figure out if I was actually seeing color.  It was kind of like light pink tinged CM.  Though I only saw it because I was so paranoid and kept wiping...kinda like the wipe they make you do for a clean catch urine sample.  So it's possible I had that with all my pregnancies and just never saw it because I didn't go "looking for it".  My cramps are still fairly mild, so that's been a Godsend.  I can stay pretty positive and calm when I am not cramping a lot.

When I came out from getting my blood drawn my OB was in the waiting room, visiting.  At first I didn't really see her so I started to walk out, but then I looked back and she was like "Are you trying to run out"?  So I went back and she gave me a hug and asked how I was.  I told her I got my positive yesterday and she was excited for us.  I love her, she's the best OB ever.

I told Ryan when I got home....if there is a next time (as in a second rainbow baby, I'm thinking positive here) he will not be getting a special announcement again.  He needs to be more enthusiastic to deserve a special announcement.  He's not a yippie yay kind of guy anyway, but especially this time I think he is too scared to be happy right now...which is understandable.  I took a video of him getting his surprise.  So I know he is happy, I mean he said he was ready to try again just a week after we lost Kayla, but I know he is just scared to get attached to the idea.  Plus I just don't think he puts a lot of faith into home tests, because he sounded pretty happy when I told him the blood tests confirmed it.

I was going to my dad's for a BBQ yesterday so I asked if he was ok with me telling without him.  He didn't want me to tell them period this soon but he said I can do whatever I want.  I totally understand not telling the whole world, but the people we tell now are people that will be there for us no matter what....it is scary to tell at all, but telling or not telling won't change the outcome, so we might as well have support right now. 

I took some dessert to my dad's for the BBQ and also took the two half bottles of wine that I couldn't finish from Monday.  Him and Brenda were in the kitchen so I went in, took out the bottles and said, these are half drank but I brought them here because I can't drink them anymore and I smiled....my dad was like why, aren't they good (lol) and I looked at him like "hello"!! and he was OH!  Of course Brenda didn't get it either so he was like did you hear her, she can't drink anymore and when it dawned on her she screeched and gave me a big hug and then my dad hugged me :)

Melissa and Joe got there right after.    Joe set the beer down that he brought and I was like, I can't drink those and he smiled and gave me a hug.  It felt great telling my family.  After the last few months, we need something to be happy about.

I asked Ryan today if he knows when he might feel comfortable telling his family.  I wasn't sure if he was waiting for a set thing, like seeing the heartbeat or something but he said he is fine with whenever.  I think he just needed to sleep on the news, and maybe having it confirmed with bloodwork helped.  So I think we'll call his parents and maybe sister tonight. 

I tested again this morning.  The wondfo is still light but it's not a squinter anymore and the FRER had a very nice line today.  I have about six wondfo left, but no more FRERs so I think I'll pick up some more of those, and I have one digi left that I think I'll use on Sunday.  I'm sure by 11DPO I'll be able to turn a digi positive.  I just need some reassurance between now and Tuesday.

I think this will be my mantra for the next none months; today I am pregnant, today I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment