Friday, July 19, 2013

Good ultrasound- 5 wks 2 days

Whew, we can breathe a sigh of relief.  Our ultrasound was good today; it was too early to be able to see much, but they did see the yolk sac and they were able to rule out an ectopic pregnancy which is why they wanted me in so early after the bleeding.

The tech sure did drag out the suspense though.  Before she began she said first she would take measurements of my uterus and ovaries.  If they did that with Kayla, they didn't tell me.  The last time they said exactly what they saw as soon as the image came up.  This time the tech really didn't tell us anything, she just said since it is so early, my doctor would talk to us about the results.

It made me nervous that she was being so allusive, but at the same time I had a feeling things were ok.  She smiled a lot and seemed overall like she hadn't just seen that there was nothing in my uterus.

So then we met with the doctor and as soon as she came in she asked how we were and I said nervous.  So right away she told me that they saw what they expected to see for 5 weeks, 2 days.  That was good to have confirmation.  She said the bleeding could have been from a polyp on my cervix (which it was not, my cervix was fine) or when the egg implanted it could have burrowed into a blood vessel.  She also said sometimes when the egg implants, since it only implants into one wall, the other wall could bleed.  She checked my cervix and said everything looked good.

I'm going to assume that it is like the bleeding I had last time.  It was never really explained, and never determined to have hurt anything.  Granted I didn't have it this early, but every pregnancy is different.  I think the reason it felt like so much at the time was because of the clot that gushed out.  The nurse said since I had just gotten out of bed not long before, I could have been bleeding through out the night and it just pooled inside of me and came out once the clot was heavy enough once I was upright for a while.  Otherwise it was about the same amount of bleeding I had the final time I bled with Kayla.

I just hope it doesn't continue, I want drama free.  Do you hear me Boo?  No more getting mommy's heart rate up, no more being a drama king and making everyone worry about you.  Yeah, in case I haven't said already, I think (again) it's a boy.  I know I thought that last time and was wrong, but I had that dream (exhibit A) and how different this pregnancy is from the last (exhibit B, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea).  When we first lost Kayla, I wanted another little girl so badly, and I was afraid I would be a little dissapointed if it is a boy.  Some days I waver, but for the most part now, I would like either pretty much equally.  Sometimes I would love a little mini me again and pray for a girl, but then I think about how much fun a boy would be, hopefully one that looks like Ryan.

My next ultrasound is August 6th, I will be almost 8 weeks.  I think that will be my last time with the RE and then be sent off to my OB, which I am looking forward to since I have soooo many questions about the cerclage and how things are going to go this time.  I'm surprisingly not super tired today; I slept horribly last night, I was so nervous about the appointment today.  I went to bed around midnight.  My husband came in at 2 and I woke up and asked if it was time to get up yet.  He said no, not unless you want to sit around for 4 hours.  Then I woke up again at 4:30, frantically trying to get out of bed because I dreamed there was a snake in my bed.  It wasn't until I walked into the bathroom that I realized it was just a dream and there was not a snake in my bed.  Shudder.  Though I'll take a bad dream about a snake any day over bad ultrasound dreams.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad all is well! Praying for smooth sailing going forward!

    ReplyDelete